Really I doubt many people here actually are suffering financially

CanadianKid

We generally all have stable jobs and good benefits except for Watermark. And from what I've heard from everybody on JPP that nobody here works for one of those banks that went bankrupt, we dont have anybody working for GM, Ford, or Chrysler.

Seems like people here tend to work in IT, Insurance and Law.... with an odd hot tub salesman, stable and secure positions.

So I dunno why people keep on crying....

CK

I am fine and will be retired by Thanksgiving. :cheer:

I do however have neighbors and friends not doing so well.
And I do care even if I am not a Christian or compassionate Republican.

CK, please learn more about life before generalizing people.

I work in IT and most of the times my pay is better than average, however, I'm the sole income earner in my household because my wife has been ill most of her life. She's not had a job in over 3 years because of a life threatening heart condition. So single income 4 member households with no stability in the IT contract market makes for a near miserable life. Besides the wife actually getting to have her quarter million dollar surgery, the best thing that's happened to me this year was getting rear ended by some associate banker doing his second job as a pizza delivery guy which caused my upside down bank loan to be paid off by the insurance company calling my car a total wreck. To top it all off, where I was saving a decent amount of money by using my motorcycle instead of my car (despite the pain from neck and back injuries from the accident) now i'm not really saving much since the tanking economy is driving gas prices down to where they were 4 years ago. woohoo.

I am doing just fine, in fact I am doing very well compared to my previous years of work. My father-in-law (worked at GM) and others are not. Yes, I do care about them too.

I'm doing the same as last year, I have a little stock that is down a lot, but paying less for gas is great. Also construction costs have dipped which is nice as we have something going on. Not too worried.

I earn most of my income through interest and dividends, so I took a dip this year. I'm still not starving in the street or anything though.

the people on this board talking politics are generally not the average person out there I would think.

The average American is dumb, overweight, and talks with their ass....

Aka Beefy, Watermark, and Threedee...

The 3 stooges...

CK

I am fine and will be retired by Thanksgiving. :cheer:

I do however have neighbors and friends not doing so well.
And I do care even if I am not a Christian or compassionate Republican.

I'm not doing fine, but it's situational. While I'm conservative, I do understand that many are suffering. My friend and neighbor lost her job of 20 years. Yes, she has good leads, she'll come up ok. The suffering though is real, I just don't believe that Marxism is the answer.

My wife and I were talking about it, we have not felt the effects much. Apart from selling our house for only $50,000 more than we bought it.

She is getting a lot of pressure at work to bring in extra money for the company. Otherwise we are lucky.

On the other hand, I know several people out of work and who are struggling.

Back