Record setting for travel

archives

Verified User
AAA says this Memorial Day weekend may be record-setting for travel”

“Nearly 44 million Americans are expected to hit the road this Memorial Day weekend, according to AAA.

“It kicks-off what is likely to be a busy and challenging summer travel season.”

“Americans are off to the races, with travel experts predicting the busiest weekend in almost 20 years.”

“The Federal Aviation Administration predicts this will be the most-traveled Memorial Day weekend in 14 years,”

But, but, but Bidenomics is killing everyone

If you peel back the onion a bit...

Johannes Thomas, CEO of the hotel and travel search company Trivago, said he thinks more customers are feeling the pinch of prices that have plateaued but at much higher levels than before the pandemic. He said they are booking farther in advance, staying closer to home, taking shorter trips, and compromising on accommodations — staying in three-star hotels instead of five-star ones.

Johannes Thomas, CEO of the hotel and travel search company Trivago, said he thinks more customers are feeling the pinch of prices that have plateaued but at much higher levels than before the pandemic. He said they are booking farther in advance, staying closer to home, taking shorter trips, and compromising on accommodations — staying in three-star hotels instead of five-star ones.

“The annual expression of wanderlust is happening at a time when Americans tell pollsters they are worried about the economy and the direction of the country.”

Firmly believe many Americans think we are in dire economic times because infotainment, social network, and others echo we are in dire economic times. Not denying inflation, and the fact it is hurting Americans on the bottom of the economic scale, but it is hardly the armageddon many portray it as today. Americans are generally cynical, especially when it comes to the economy

The example I’ve used, and you should be familiar with being a sports fan, is that any night you can turn on TV and see a sporting event with crowds, crowds who paid dearly for a ticket to attend, and I’d guarantee you that if a pollster asked them leaving the game what they think of the economy the majority would say is sucks

“The annual expression of wanderlust is happening at a time when Americans tell pollsters they are worried about the economy and the direction of the country.”

Firmly believe many Americans think we are in dire economic times because infotainment, social network, and others echo we are in dire economic times. Not denying inflation, and the fact it is hurting Americans on the bottom of the economic scale, but it is hardly the armageddon many portray it as today. Americans are generally cynical, especially when it comes to the economy

The example I’ve used, and you should be familiar with being a sports fan, is that any night you can turn on TV and see a sporting event with crowds, crowds who paid dearly for a ticket to attend, and I’d guarantee you that if a pollster asked them leaving the game what they think of the economy the majority would say is sucks
I'm not an economist but I'm sure information they would look at are folks who may say "we used to take three vacations a year but now we take two" or "we used to go to 15 ball games a year but now go to 8". So it's not like these people are sitting at home, never leaving the house and never spending money but they have cut back. If you have enough people like that and it has an effect on the economy and shows up in the data.

People can still have jobs and still do things but if they are doing less than what they are accustomed to they may not think things are great overall.
So on the surface a headline like 'a record number of people are traveling this weekend' looks great. But it has to be viewed in the context of a bigger picture.

Reactions: TOP
And by the way, we got nothing coming from the west, no NBA, no NHL, the Giants aren’t playing .500 ball,
I'm not an economist but I'm sure information they would look at are folks who may say "we used to take three vacations a year but now we take two" or "we used to go to 15 ball games a year but now go to 8". So it's not like these people are sitting at home, never leaving the house and never spending money but they have cut back. If you have enough people like that and it has an effect on the economy and shows up in the data.

People can still have jobs and still do things but if they are doing less than what they are accustomed to they may not think things are great overall.
So on the surface a headline like 'a record number of people are traveling this weekend' looks great. But it has to be viewed in the context of a bigger picture.
Not if they truly believe they were facing the economic cataclysm that many on the right portray we are in

And by the way, we got nothing coming from the west, no NBA, no NHL, the Giants aren’t playing .500 ball,

Not if they truly believe they were facing the economic cataclysm that many on the right portray we are in
If there is economic cataclysm coming then why not go YOLO and have fun now?

California teams have won 5 of the last 9 titles and it's been over a decade since an East Coast team won so we're just sharing the love. (And my boy J Kidd is from Oakland so he's representing for Tha Town and the Bay.)

(I'm West Coast, I don't do hockey)

Between WW3, economic calamity and pandemic....either real or fake....either man made or natural.......the future looks gloomy.

Go Now.

Liberal/Prog/Marxists who back Biden have their tongues hanging out for anything positive and are willing to jump at straws and bend the facts to report something positive about the Biden economy.
The truth is that Biden has done absolutely NOTHING good for the US culture or economy or for world affairs.

Back