Refund Checks ~ 'advance on next year's refunds' 'will be deducted in 08 return'

so why the hell would i waste the 1200 on some crap when i will just owe the irs the money back in 2009 April 15th. thats really going to fuck people up bad.. this cant be right.

Must be that we have a tax reduction next year and we are getting and advance of that reduction.

Just what does this following statement mean?

"The checks are an advance on next year's refunds, and most, if not all of the money, will be deducted from taxpayers' refunds in 12 months' time."

I know i will owe money in 08 return. Does this mean i if i go blow this check on some crap i will owe even more in 08?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/08/economic.stimulus/index.html

I am not really worried about it. I am not getting a check to begin with. :mad:

hmm thats true.. no chance my agi comes in under 150 in 08. hope they dont sent my wife the check. she will think its free money.

Lol this is the same thing Bush did last time. It isn't a tax refund it is just an advance on any tax refund you may get next year....nice.

pubs are always coming out with these scam plans. first it was there privatization of ssi plan where if you read it and crunched the numbers you saw it was a zero gain to the individual.. and basically a risk transfer.

now its giving you free credit in the form of a gift then expecting it back at the end of year.

pubs are always coming out with these scam plans. first it was there privatization of ssi plan where if you read it and crunched the numbers you saw it was a zero gain to the individual.. and basically a risk transfer.

now its giving you free credit in the form of a gift then expecting it back at the end of year.
I wonder why you say the pubs did this. It was brokered and toasted as the next coming of economic liberty by the crats. Harry Reid and Pelosi smiling as the pictures were taken proudly proclaiming their responsiblity towards this.

I wonder why you say the pubs did this. It was brokered and toasted as the next coming of economic liberty by the crats. Harry Reid and Pelosi smiling as the pictures were taken proudly proclaiming their responsiblity towards this.

This was an example of bi-partisanship at its worst.

ok was prob hard on pubs here. dems are DEFINITELY guilty of scam plans.. more so the the pubs. like Hillary care.

Back