REIT's ???

Any thoughts on Gold. I sold a couple weeks ago and now am considering rebuying.

Chap.... depends on your investment time frame. Personally, I would wait. Many of the publically traded REITs have been hammered, but I think they have more room to fall. If you are talking about a public, non-traded reit, I would stick to those that focus on medical office space or multi-family. If you want, you may also take a look at RAF. It focuses more on Asian real estate and has been destroyed in value and is trading at a 14% discount to NAV.

Jarod.... as for Gold, I think we are in a bull market for gold. Buying on pullbacks would be a good idea. Short term it will be volatile and thus should present good buying opportunities. Stocks that buy straight bullion will tend to be the safer plays. The miners are beginning to look more attractive, but will tend to be more volatile. If you look there, I would buy an ETF that invests in multiple miners. That way you are not betting on just one miner.

Chap.... depends on your investment time frame. Personally, I would wait. Many of the publically traded REITs have been hammered, but I think they have more room to fall. If you are talking about a public, non-traded reit, I would stick to those that focus on medical office space or multi-family. If you want, you may also take a look at RAF. It focuses more on Asian real estate and has been destroyed in value and is trading at a 14% discount to NAV.

Jarod.... as for Gold, I think we are in a bull market for gold. Buying on pullbacks would be a good idea. Short term it will be volatile and thus should present good buying opportunities. Stocks that buy straight bullion will tend to be the safer plays. The miners are beginning to look more attractive, but will tend to be more volatile. If you look there, I would buy an ETF that invests in multiple miners. That way you are not betting on just one miner.

Cool thanks, I just got back into Gold, now as much as before but a good amount, and for almost $2 less than I sold it last week. I bought GLD.

Cool thanks, I just got back into Gold, now as much as before but a good amount, and for almost $2 less than I sold it last week. I bought GLD.

I use GLD quite a bit. As long as it holds above $86 it should maintain the bull run. If it breaks under (meaning closes under) $86 then it will probably pull back to support at $83 and then $77. So watch it closely. I think it will hold, but just something to be aware of from a technical view.

I use GLD quite a bit. As long as it holds above $86 it should maintain the bull run. If it breaks under (meaning closes under) $86 then it will probably pull back to support at $83 and then $77. So watch it closely. I think it will hold, but just something to be aware of from a technical view.

Thanks, Ill keep my eye on it.

careful on the gold. could be right shoulder.

im going to wait on the REIT's. no reason to risk money not in market right now.

Back