Religion and Science - Fair is Fair

Hmm should we have science declared a religion ?

Interesting ramifications there.

If we believe that the Big Bang happened and that the first atom just magically existed, and if we believe that Abiogenesis (the definitive origin of evolution) happened and that the first strands of molecules magically existed with 30-40 stands of enzymes already built up - then yes.

sounds good to me. Now Science can be tax exempt :cheer:

And science will no longer be allowed to be criticized.
It would be antiscientic.

If we believe that the Big Bang happened and that the first atom just magically existed, and if we believe that Abiogenesis (the definitive origin of evolution) happened and that the first strands of molecules magically existed with 30-40 stands of enzymes already built up - then yes.

You never took many sciences classes, did you Three?

PAY ATTENTION IT'S FUNNY AND MAKES A POINT

Being pretty cetain the Earth and universe exhisted before man--or their belief in a god--I am not sure what that point may be. Care to explain it to us in some detail? Does that cartoon mean that Science will eventually squash out belief in a god?

Last edited:
I'd completely forgotten about that most excellent book! Truly, that is one of the very best I've ever read. Thanks, I'm going to try to get a used copy; I'm sure that it's no longer in print. :(

It was a great book, I read it many years ago but it stayed with me and just came back immediately. I would think my original copy was lost or stolen (moved house many times since then) but surely a good second hand bookshop will have it? Or Amazon? Maybe Ebay? It's a classic, it should never be allowed out of print.

It was a great book, I read it many years ago but it stayed with me and just came back immediately. I would think my original copy was lost or stolen (moved house many times since then) but surely a good second hand bookshop will have it? Or Amazon? Maybe Ebay? It's a classic, it should never be allowed out of print.

Barnes and Noble online has a secondhand service; I was able to get a copy of Gary Jennings' "Aztec" that way. I think you'd like it, BTW. I'm going to try to get "Liebowitz" through that channel, first. We don't have any second hand bookstores here of any merit. Most of them specialize in bibles. no lie.

Back