Remember when it was Obama who was all "change" and no specifics?

Onceler

Just watched about 10 minutes of McCain speaking, and 10 minutes of Obama.

Obama is talking the economy, and laying it out - housing, loopholes, tax relief, mortgage fraud, bankruptcy laws, the works.

Then they jump to McCain, who, btw, now seems unable to complete a sentence without the word "Palin" in it..."My friends, Sarah Palin and I are going to change Washington! We are the change! We're going to stop corruption, and look out for you!"

The whole thing was like that; no mention of anything specific he'd do to actually stop corruption, or change the economy. There was another quick mention of how he really meant "worker" instead of "fundamentals" when he said the economic fundamentals were sound (something he has said at least 16 other times over the past 8 months). Maybe it's just me, but when I want to talk about workers, I say "workers."

I listened to Obama too, and I am left wondering... Does Mondale get a royalty? Seriously! It seems that his basic platform has been adopted by the Obama camp. I always thought there was a 10 year statute of limitations on losing presidential platforms, but that must not be so. I guess Clinton's platform was too conservative for Obama, so they made an exception and went back to Mondale's. Perhaps it is because of the 18-24 crowd, who would probably recognize Clinton's platform, but weren't born when Mondale ran. For whatever reason, they have decided to go with a platform from 30 years ago, and just make it apply to the issues of today. *yawn*

He blew it yesterday tho.. Had every opportunity to sell the details of his economic plan in the wake of the lehman crash and no talk of palins dog lips.

Also he has a stadium full of like 80,000 people and biggest audience of the year and didnt give details.

He needs to talk details every chance he gets

I think this deals with the momentum thing. When you are moving in the right direction in the polls you continue doing what got you there.

I think this deals with the momentum thing. When you are moving in the right direction in the polls you continue doing what got you there.

Polls are ticking back Obama's way.

McCain really blinked over the past week. Starting with "lipstick" and ending with "fundamentals."

Polls are ticking back Obama's way.

McCain really blinked over the past week. Starting with "lipstick" and ending with "fundamentals."
And I suspect with that tick we'll hear a change in what they are saying. That is my point.

When the polls were in Obama's favor we rarely heard the details, when the polls changed we heard details.

I think the face of the campaign is set to change into whatever the next phase is...

Back