Remember when Righties whined and cried about "transparency"?

zappasguitar

Let's see if even half the Righties who bitched about this over the past year will continue bitching now...

For the better part of a year, the GOP has blasted Democrats for legislating "behind closed doors" and making "secret deals." On Monday afternoon, the Senate will vote on a motion to proceed to debate Wall Street reform in public on the Senate floor.

Yet Republicans say their 41 members are united and will oppose the motion, in order to encourage Democrats to continue negotiating with them behind closed doors.

Condemning closed-door negotiations yet voting to prevent public debate is the height of hypocrisy, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon) told HuffPost on Monday. "By voting against cloture, Republicans are voting to keep Wall Street negotiations behind closed doors, demanding changes to the bill without public scrutiny. Instead of closed-door deals, they should support open floor debate," said Merkley.

Whole story here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/26/gop-fighting-to-keep-wall_n_551911.html

Let's see if even half the Righties who bitched about this over the past year will continue bitching now...

For the better part of a year, the GOP has blasted Democrats for legislating "behind closed doors" and making "secret deals." On Monday afternoon, the Senate will vote on a motion to proceed to debate Wall Street reform in public on the Senate floor.

Yet Republicans say their 41 members are united and will oppose the motion, in order to encourage Democrats to continue negotiating with them behind closed doors.

Condemning closed-door negotiations yet voting to prevent public debate is the height of hypocrisy, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon) told HuffPost on Monday. "By voting against cloture, Republicans are voting to keep Wall Street negotiations behind closed doors, demanding changes to the bill without public scrutiny. Instead of closed-door deals, they should support open floor debate," said Merkley.

Whole story here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/26/gop-fighting-to-keep-wall_n_551911.html

Wow...TWO NEG REPS from the Skank-a-rama twins ID and disloyal, but curiously, neither had the backbone to respond here...now why is that?

Because they can't defend their precious GOP tactics, but are too spineless to admit so in public.

Wow...TWO NEG REPS from the Skank-a-rama twins ID and disloyal, but curiously, neither had the backbone to respond here...now why is that?

Because they can't defend their precious GOP tactics, but are too spineless to admit so in public.

Not really. Pissing you off is so much fun. Watching you whine in public is HYSTERICAL, just like YOU!!!

Carry on...

appa, the point of the outrage was that when Obama made his campaign promises of more transparency and no more backroom deals, the lefties went crazy taunting the righties.

The republicans, as far as I remember, didn't campaign on a more transparent system in Washington.

You can't expect the repubs to be outraged that their politicians are breaking a democrat's campaign promise.

lame article....this is not about transparency...its about politics....BOTH parties do this and it is to stop the bill's progress, it isn't about forcing anyone to debate behind closed doors....

appa, the point of the outrage was that when Obama made his campaign promises of more transparency and no more backroom deals, the lefties went crazy taunting the righties.

The republicans, as far as I remember, didn't campaign on a more transparent system in Washington.

You can't expect the repubs to be outraged that their politicians are breaking a democrat's campaign promise.

Forgive me if I'm misreading you, I have a hard time picking up on irony when it's written, but you bet I can and DO expect Righties to be outraged.

For a year they pissed and moaned and whined about how Obama promised transparency and wasn't delivering.

Now that he's ready to follow through on his promise, suddenly THEY are against the idea.

I remember Obama running on the promise that his administration would be the "most transparent" administration in history. Since Jan. 2009, over 460,000 FOI requests have been denied by the administration. Nearly ALL of the health care debate was held behind closed doors, and we still haven't seen a legitimate birth certificate from Obama.

Personally, I don't think it is too much to ask people not to do things that supposedly cause them outrage when others do it.

lame article....this is not about transparency...its about politics....BOTH parties do this and it is to stop the bill's progress, it isn't about forcing anyone to debate behind closed doors....

Damn, Yurt. I thought you'd be all over this. It's right in your wheelhouse. A nice big ol' meatball for you to blast out of the park and you whiff.

If you can't do better than the Huffingtonpost...might just as well STFU

Damn, Yurt. I thought you'd be all over this. It's right in your wheelhouse. A nice big ol' meatball for you to blast out of the park and you whiff.

what is it with libs on the board today...topspin is making zero sense, zappy with this moronic thread and now you...your post makes no sense

I remember Obama running on the promise that his administration would be the "most transparent" administration in history. Since Jan. 2009, over 460,000 FOI requests have been denied by the administration. Nearly ALL of the health care debate was held behind closed doors, and we still haven't seen a legitimate birth certificate from Obama.

I agree with all of the non-bolded text, but only morons with an IQ below zero want a look at the damn fucking birth certificate!!!!

instead of getting your news from crap libbie sites....try more honest news sources...like i said, this was to delay the process, not keep anything secret....seriously embarrassing for you libs that posted in this thread:

Democrats push bank controls; GOP delays action

WASHINGTON – Undaunted by a Senate setback, Democrats appeared increasingly confident Monday they will be able to take advantage of Americans' anger at Wall Street and push through the most sweeping new controls on financial institutions since the Great Depression.

The Senate, in a 57-41 vote, failed to get the 60 supporters needed to proceed on the regulatory overhaul. One Democrat, Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska, joined with the Republicans.

"All of us want to deliver a reform that will tighten the screws on Wall Street," McConnell said. "But we're not going to be rushed on another massive bill based on the assurances of our friends on the other side."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100426/ap_on_bi_ge/us_financial_overhaul

instead of getting your news from crap libbie sites....try more honest news sources...like i said, this was to delay the process, not keep anything secret....seriously embarrassing for you libs that posted in this thread:

Democrats push bank controls; GOP delays action

WASHINGTON – Undaunted by a Senate setback, Democrats appeared increasingly confident Monday they will be able to take advantage of Americans' anger at Wall Street and push through the most sweeping new controls on financial institutions since the Great Depression.

The Senate, in a 57-41 vote, failed to get the 60 supporters needed to proceed on the regulatory overhaul. One Democrat, Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska, joined with the Republicans.

"All of us want to deliver a reform that will tighten the screws on Wall Street," McConnell said. "But we're not going to be rushed on another massive bill based on the assurances of our friends on the other side."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100426/ap_on_bi_ge/us_financial_overhaul

To delay the process for what purpose? If they don't like the bill, they should propose amendments, debate them and vote on them. Instead, they filibuster.

To delay the process for what purpose? If they don't like the bill, they should propose amendments, debate them and vote on them. Instead, they filibuster.

you will defend the libs right to do this to the end...stop being such a hypocrite, this is how our system of government works and the thread title and your post earlier were flat out untrue.

deal with it

you will defend the libs right to do this to the end...stop being such a hypocrite, this is how our system of government works and the thread title and your post earlier were flat out untrue.

deal with it

Ah, yes the hypocrite attack. Inevitably it would be throw at somebody. I'm personally *shocked* that you lob it at me as opposed to Senate Republicans. Really. Blown. Away.

And, of course, you ignore the question: delay for what purpose? What's wrong with having open and public debate on the merits of the bill and any and all amendments the Republican Senators want to propose?

Ah, yes the hypocrite attack. Inevitably it would be throw at somebody. I'm personally *shocked* that you lob it at me as opposed to Senate Republicans. Really. Blown. Away.

And, of course, you ignore the question: delay for what purpose? What's wrong with having open and public debate on the merits of the bill and any and all amendments the Republican Senators want to propose?

i am not going to not call you a hypocrite when you in fact are on this issue nigel. if it bothers you, stop acting hypocritical. i know you defend dems doing this....so why is it you think i should call the repubs hypocrites? for what? all politicians delay bills they don't like. by not allowing this to go the floor they are merely strengthening their hand and delaying a worthless bill that contains virtually zero reform. this isn't at all about secrecy that you have yet to call zappa on for his lies regarding that.....

this is standard political maneuvering, the only hypocrisy is YOU whining about it

i am not going to not call you a hypocrite when you in fact are on this issue nigel. if it bothers you, stop acting hypocritical. i know you defend dems doing this....so why is it you think i should call the repubs hypocrites? for what? all politicians delay bills they don't like. by not allowing this to go the floor they are merely strengthening their hand and delaying a worthless bill that contains virtually zero reform. this isn't at all about secrecy that you have yet to call zappa on for his lies regarding that.....

this is standard political maneuvering, the only hypocrisy is YOU whining about it

I'm just going to ignore your hypocrite nonsense as your typical worthless bluster. That's all it is. And all the while you refuse to answer the question: delay the bill for what purpose?

And, by the by, Zappa ain't lying. The Republicans want to delay this to continue back-room secret negotiations because their afraid to publicly say what they want.

Last edited:
I'm just going to ignore your hypocrite nonsense as your typical worthless bluster. That's all it is. And all the while you refuse to answer the question: delay the bill for what purpose?

And, by the by, Zappa ain't lying. The Republicans want to delay this to continue back-room secret negotiations because their afraid to publicly say what they want.

of course you ignore it, because the truth hurts. you know i am right that you support dems doing this, its only because its republicans that you're whining about it.

i gave you the reasons why i think they are doing this and yet you lie that i haven't answered your questions. dude, if you're going to play this hack bullshit, i see no further reason to discuss this with you. if you want to be honest, then i have no problem continuing......

and no, this is not about secret negotiations, you have no link to support that, i have given quotes about the reasons from the repubs, and even mainstream media isn't being dishonest about the reasons like you and huffpo....all you have is partisan hackmanship conspiracy theories

Back