Republican Party misses this to Whine about.

Socrtease

Verified User
In a season where the whine is definitely better over on the right I can't believe they haven't whined about this:

newseals.ap.wh.jpg

Definitely a play on the Presidential Seal. Well thought out. Suprised that the Republican Party has not cried foul about Obama co-opting the seal. Oh well I am sure they will get around to it.

I think they're still trying to gin up some controversy on the "terrorist fist jab" Barack shared with his wife.

I think the media tore a new ass in Obama enough over it. But the Republicans gave him a few jabs as well.

Journalists said the seal, which features an eagle clutching arrows and an olive branch, smacks of arrogance.

The seal was conspicuously missing from Obama's lectern when he spoke to a group of women in Albuquerque on Monday. Not surprising, given how much grief Obama took from a normally laudatory press corps after unveiling the seal at an appearance in Chicago on Friday.

“What a bizarre and dumb idea,” railed NBC political director Chuck Todd. “It really feeds the arrogance narrative.”

The oversized blue seal was emblazoned with the Latin phrase “Vero Possumus,” which roughly translates into “yes, we can.” It also featured a plug for the candidate's website.

“The Audacity of Hype,” cracked ABC's Jake Tapper. “No word on whether they played a remix of 'Hail to the Chief' as Obama walked in.”

Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times observed that Obama “has decided not to wait for any of the formalities like a presidential election, an inauguration or even a nomination, which he still hasn't actually officially won yet.”

Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic magazine was the first to note that Obama would deep-six the seal.

“I'm told that Obama recognizes that it was a silly mistake,” Ambinder said. “Does the press think Obama is arrogant? Yes.”

He added: “Obama's subtext is rapidly becoming 'charismatic but arrogant.'”

They shouldn't whine about it, they should have thought of it.

When I run for President, I'm hiring Obama's team...

;)

Yeah, "arrogant" and "elitist" are the new "uppity."

Come on now, I read something about that yesterday that using the term 'elitist' to Obama is somehow racist but it wasn't raicst to call Kerry, Gore, Dukakis etc. that term.

Come on now, I read something about that yesterday that using the term 'elitist' to Obama is somehow racist but it wasn't raicst to call Kerry, Gore, Dukakis etc. that term.

Was it in one of indisputable's posts by any chance?

Back