Republicans don't really want to work with Obama

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/07/borger.opposition/index.html

gop-ouija-board-909.jpg

well let's see....ever since he got elected he has been trying to do things the Republicans have opposed for only thirty or forty years....I can't imagine why they don't want to help him do it.....

What year did the Republicans control both houses of Congress?

how many dems worked with bush.....

From what I can find the Republican party controlled both houses of Congress from 2002 through 2006. In the 2006 elections, Democrats took a small majority of 51-49 in the senate and 233-202 in the House of Representatives which they held for the two years leading up to the 2008 election.

In short Bush did not need or have too work with the dems, from 2002 thru 2006! His policies were rubber stamped by both republican controlled houses!

From what I can find the Republican party controlled both houses of Congress from 2002 through 2006. In the 2006 elections, Democrats took a small majority of 51-49 in the senate and 233-202 in the House of Representatives which they held for the two years leading up to the 2008 election.

In short Bush did not need or have too work with the dems, from 2002 thru 2006! His policies were rubber stamped by both republican controlled houses!

Absolutely! and look at the mess they've caused.

bush did not have that kind of majority

and now that you mention it...........you just blew all obama's and liberal's excuses out the window....

thanks!

Instead of having others think for you, try using your very own brain, just for the hell of it, just this once....

1. Obama has absolute majorities in both house of congress...

2. Democrats can pass ANYTHING they want....ANYTHING, all alone, without republican co-operation or assisstance....

3. It doesn't matter what Republicans say, or what they want, or how they vote...

4. Republicans are practically irrelevant in this Congress

Now think...which side has to co-operate with their opposition to get even the smallest idea included into a piece of legislation....?

Maybe someone else mentioned this Ken but you kind of killed the relevence of your initial post with your response here. You claim 51 - 55 seats in the Senate constitues a rubber stamp (ignoring any threat of a fillibuster) yet what do you consider a 60 seat majority which is fililbuster proof? Who cares what the Republicans do you don't need them. Seems you ought to focus more of your time getting your party in order in terms of votes rather than worrying about what Republicans whose votes you don't need are doing.

LMAO... so the Dems, who now control all three Houses and have far greater majorities in the House and Senate aren't capable of doing the same thing?

LMAO... so the Dems, who now control all three Houses and have far greater majorities in the House and Senate aren't capable of doing the same thing?

They're afraid to do anything by themselves. They fear reprisal by their constituants should they pass something alone and it goes sour. With only their names on it, they would be unable to blame anyone but themselves. Hell, they wouldn't even be able to blame Bush.

And the opposite is now true.

Of course this ignores the fact that the Senate was controlled by the Ds his first two years, and the last two years both houses were controlled by the current majority. Which tells me that two of the worst years of Bush budgets were passed by wholly D controlled congresses. Bush had 4 years with R control and wasted it nation building and ignoring conservative views, and was punished for it as conservatives didn't vote for Rs in the next election, and again in 2008.

Of course this ignores the fact that the Senate was controlled by the Ds his first two years, and the last two years both houses were controlled by the current majority. Which tells me that two of the worst years of Bush budgets were passed by wholly D controlled congresses. Bush had 4 years with R control and wasted it nation building and ignoring conservative views, and was punished for it as conservatives didn't vote for Rs in the next election, and again in 2012.

already giving up 2012?

They're afraid to do anything by themselves. They fear reprisal by their constituants should they pass something alone and it goes sour. With only their names on it, they would be unable to blame anyone but themselves. Hell, they wouldn't even be able to blame Bush.

true... but something tells me old Ken's signal once again got crossed. Doubtful he will return after he embarrassed himself to this extent on this thread.

the most bizarre thing about all this seriously is the Republicans attempting to paint themselves as the party who supports medicare.

Of course this ignores the fact that the Senate was controlled by the Ds his first two years, and the last two years both houses were controlled by the current majority. Which tells me that two of the worst years of Bush budgets were passed by wholly D controlled congresses. Bush had 4 years with R control and wasted it nation building and ignoring conservative views, and was punished for it as conservatives didn't vote for Rs in the next election, and again in 2008.

And the opposite is now true? Wrong!
There are Blue Dog Dems now or latent republicans!

wn-pub-option.jpg

Back