republicans play shoot the dem

robdastud

no wonder why they are against gun laws... this is actually kinda sick well not actually, but it is sick

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Republicans on Tuesday distanced themselves from campaign activities that encourage college students to "Catch an Illegal Immigrant" and shoot cardboard cutouts of leading Democrats with a BB gun or paintball gun.

Democratic Chairman Howard Dean said in a letter to his Republican counterpart, Ken Mehlman, on Tuesday that such activities, reportedly put together by a GOP college organizer, "can only be described as divisive, potentially dangerous and discriminatory."

The "Catch an Illegal Immigrant" event reportedly allows participants to win prizes for catching others posing as illegal immigrants and a "Fun with Guns" event allows people to shoot cardboard cutouts of top Democrats such as Sens. Hillary Clinton and John Kerry with a BB gun or paintball gun, the newspaper reported.

Dean cited several news reports that college Republicans on other campuses were involved in events like "Catch an Illegal Immigrant.

"As chairman of America's two major political parties, we have a responsibility to elevate the political discourse in America," Dean wrote to Mehlman.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/12/gop.colleges.ap/index.html

Well the republicans have long promoted the squeal on your neighbor strategy.
Anyone remember the peep in your neighbors window looking for illegal sex acts thing in GA ?

Dean, after saying he hated myself and everything that I stand for wants to raise the discourse? To what?

Pretty distasteful.

However for all the democrats who oppose such a thing would you comment upon seeing a bullet ridden card board cut out of our president?

Who instituted these "campaign activities?" Was it the college kids themselves. I could kind of forgive that as long as they are shown why what they are doing is wrong. Was it the Republican leadership (ie. Rove or some state rep. leader)? If so, hang 'em.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Republicans on Tuesday distanced themselves from campaign activities that encourage college students to "Catch an Illegal Immigrant" and shoot cardboard cutouts of leading Democrats with a BB gun or paintball gun.

If these college republicans want to shoot people, the U.S. Army sure could use their help shooting insurgents in Iraq.

If these college republicans want to shoot people, the U.S. Army sure could use their help shooting insurgents in Iraq.

Good point. It would please me if a recruiter visited them with that exact same argument.

Back