Ret. Gen. Stanley McChrystal backs banning assault weapons

Bfgrn

I caught McChrystal on Morning Joe this morning. I hope some people who oppose any gun sense in this country will consider the words of a soldier.

Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal backed banning assault weapons on Tuesday, saying guns like the M4 and M16 belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets.

”I spent a career carrying typically either a M16 and later, a M4 carbine,” McChrystal said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “And a M4 carbine fires a .223 caliber round, which is 5.56 millimeters, at about 3,000 feet per second. When it hits a human body, the effects are devastating. It’s designed to do that. That’s what our soldiers ought to carry.”

He added, “I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America. I believe that we’ve got to take a serious look — I understand everybody’s desire to have whatever they want — we have to protect our children and our police and we have to protect our population. And I think we have to take a very mature look at that.”

Read more: Stanley McChrystal backs gun restrictions - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government"
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

Yeah I was just reading about this a few moments ago. It's interesting the diversity of the people who are now loudly coming out in support of gun control. I think we might be hearing the ticking of the clock on this, finally.

Note they cannot gun grab. That will start a civil war. If they want to ban these weapons and I don't support that, they will have to end production and grandfather clause them.

Yeah I was just reading about this a few moments ago. It's interesting the diversity of the people who are now loudly coming out in support of gun control. I think we might be hearing the ticking of the clock on this, finally.

He probably doesn't want a gun in the hands of his crazy wife.

This argument is, "The people who represented our country centuries ago were more correct about a topic of today than someone representing our country today"

Brainy.
no. this argument is "the people who represented our country centuries ago left our freedom in our hands. we have since turned it over to a body of government more concerned with money and power than protecting our freedom". Stupidity.

Amazing how all of a sudden General McChystal has "credibility" with the gun grabbers.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a traitor though.

Amazing how all of a sudden General McChystal has "credibility" with the gun grabbers.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a traitor though.

Something we both can agree on, Wouldn't call him a traitor even if I was pro gun in wanting 'assault weapons' around But the fact is he is using his right for Freedom of Speech, If the right to freedom of speech is going to be thrown out the window just cause he doesn't believe in 'assault weapons' being in the hands of civilians then what do any of your constitutional rights mean any more? One get's thrown out then they all will eventually.

fuck that traitor. the founders would have hanged him

They would have hanged a man using his right to Freedom of speech? Im guessing that the First Amendment was just a typo then, You can say what you like unless it against the 2nd Amendment then we go and hang your 'traitorous' ass. For a guy that named him self 'SmarterthanYou' you really are stupid.

They would have hanged a man using his right to Freedom of speech? Im guessing that the First Amendment was just a typo then, You can say what you like unless it against the 2nd Amendment then we go and hang your 'traitorous' ass. For a guy that named him self 'SmarterthanYou' you really are stupid.
nice way to totally take my remark out of context

For inbred idiots like STY, ILA, USF, and Dixie there is only one amendment that counts. All the others don't.

dumbass, if you knew anything about me, you'd have to spend a week pulling your head out of your ass for that stupid assed statement

He nailed you.

Hey asshole, how can anyone take "fuck that traitor. the founders would have hanged him" out of context? That IS the whole context.

Back