Reverend Huckabee's base

Cypress

The United States remains the world leader in scientific and technological innovation, but its dominance is threatened by economic development elsewhere, particularly in Asia, the National Science Board said Tuesday in its biennial report on science and engineering...

Many Americans remain ignorant about much of science, the board said. Many are unable to answer correctly when asked whether Earth moves around the Sun (it does).

They are not noticeably more ignorant than people in other developed countries except on two subjects, evolution and the Big Bang. Although these ideas are organizing principles underlying modern biology and physics, many Americans do not accept them.

“These differences probably indicate that many Americans hold religious beliefs that cause them to be skeptical of established scientific ideas,” the report said, “even when they have some basic familiarity with those ideas.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/us/16nsf.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

The really alarming thing about his constitution comments the other day was the rousing reaction they inspired.

The anti-science stuff still boggles my mind. This is a pretty scary group of people, imo...

The really alarming thing about his constitution comments the other day was the rousing reaction they inspired.

The anti-science stuff still boggles my mind. This is a pretty scary group of people, imo...

Ron Paul, Reverend Huckabee, Tom Tancredo, and Sam Brownback don't accept evolution.

Does that tell you anything? :)

Christofascists generally are scary.

Back