Revolutionary Language

christiefan915

Catalyst
This columnist must have been reading posts from some of the fruitcakes on JPP.

"That sound you hear is the sound of a cultural paranoia by people who have lost their grip on the reins of power, and on reality, and who fear the worst is coming. And they are preparing for it, whatever it may be — a war, a revolution, an apocalypse.

These extremists make sensible, reasonable gun control hard to discuss, let alone achieve in this country, because they skew the conversations away from common-sense solutions on which both rational gun owners and non-gun owners can agree.

These people, a vocal minority, have extreme fears — gun confiscation, widespread civil instability, a tyrannical government — from which they are preparing to defend themselves with arsenals of weapons and stockpiles of ammunition.

AND

...James Yeager, the C.E.O. of a Tennessee company that trains civilians in weapons and tactical skills, posted a video online Wednesday (since removed but still viewable at rawstory.com) saying he was going to start killing people if gun control efforts moved forward. He said, and I quote:

“I’m telling you that if that happens, it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot. I’m not putting up with it. You shouldn’t put up with it. And I need all you patriots to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/12/opinion/revolutionary-language.html?ref=charlesmblow&_r=0

when the government ignores the laws that were set down for their existence and function, there is no duty for the rightful masters of that government to obey the laws either.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government" - Declaration of Independence

"That sound you hear is the sound of a cultural paranoia by people who have lost their grip on the reins of power, and on reality, and who fear the worst is coming. And they are preparing for it, whatever it may be — a war, a revolution, an apocalypse.

These extremists make sensible, reasonable gun control hard to discuss, let alone achieve in this country, because they skew the conversations away from common-sense solutions on which both rational gun owners and non-gun owners can agree.

These people, a vocal minority, have extreme fears — gun confiscation, widespread civil instability, a tyrannical government — from which they are preparing to defend themselves with arsenals of weapons and stockpiles of ammunition.

Heres a list of people that trusted their government and never believed they would face instability or a tyranny...

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Now add em up.

Heres a list of people that trusted their government and never believed they would face instability or a tyranny...

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Now add em up.

How many of these countries had a government similar to ours, and how many were under dictators or monarchs?

when the government ignores the laws that were set down for their existence and function, there is no duty for the rightful masters of that government to obey the laws either.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government" - Declaration of Independence

Repeat:

"These extremists make sensible, reasonable gun control hard to discuss, let alone achieve in this country, because they skew the conversations away from common-sense solutions on which both rational gun owners and non-gun owners can agree."

Repeat:

"These extremists make sensible, reasonable gun control hard to discuss, let alone achieve in this country, because they skew the conversations away from common-sense solutions on which both rational gun owners and non-gun owners can agree."
it's not extreme to hold to the constitution. it's extreme to ignore the constitution for a particular agenda.

AND

...James Yeager, the C.E.O. of a Tennessee company that trains civilians in weapons and tactical skills, posted a video online Wednesday (since removed but still viewable at rawstory.com) saying he was going to start killing people if gun control efforts moved forward. He said, and I quote:

“I’m telling you that if that happens, it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot. I’m not putting up with it. You shouldn’t put up with it. And I need all you patriots to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/12/opinion/revolutionary-language.html?ref=charlesmblow&_r=0

Great post.

I love that Tenn. yanked that crackpot's permits. Hopefully they've confiscated his guns and destroyed them right in front of him.

Great post.

I love that Tenn. yanked that crackpot's permits. Hopefully they've confiscated his guns and destroyed them right in front of him.

Yes, because fuck his 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th amendment rights. If he speaks out against the government he should punished. None of the BoR was meant to apply to the government.

Yes, because fuck his 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th amendment rights. If he speaks out against the government he should punished. None of the BoR was meant to apply to the government.
I'd remove the 5th amendment but toss in the 8th, since wanton destruction of property for a non-illegal activity, while not cruel would probably be excessive.

I'd remove the 5th amendment but toss in the 8th, since wanton destruction of property for a non-illegal activity, while not cruel would probably be excessive.

The 5th is in because he can't have his rights revoked except under trial or similar legal action.

Repeat:

Guess you think banks are the cause of bank robbery and cars are the cause of car theft...why do pinheads look at
things upside down and inside out....

Yes, because fuck his 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th amendment rights. If he speaks out against the government he should punished.
None of the BoR was meant to apply to the government.

ALL of the bill of rights applies to the government......they spell out restrictions on the power of government....and the rights of the citizens.

Back