Rich kids for Romney (video)

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/20/kids-endorse-a-presidential-candidate_n_1218867.html

horsey-romney-taxes_t470.jpg

secrets.gif

If you want a candidate who understands the struggle of the "working class" based on personal experience, good luck. I'm quite certain that all Presidents have been in the 1 percent, including your Messiah. But remain ignorant if you wish.

Not true. Not all Presidents were wealthy (Most were) and not all Presidents inherited wealth (a substantial minority did). Some inherited wealth and were succesful in business prior to being President (Romney would be in that group if elected.).

Quite a few Presidents came from working class families (Obama, Clinton, Nixon, LBJ, Ike, Truman, Reagan from the modern era). Truman is the only President of the modern era that did not use his fame and influence, after serving, to make a lot of money. He steadfastly refused to do that and lived off his Presidential pension until his death. From the post war modern era only four (JFK, Ford, Carter, Bush I&II) came from wealthy families of which only JFK came for an ubber wealthy family.

Not true. Not all Presidents were wealthy (Most were) and not all Presidents inherited wealth (a substantial minority did). Some inherited wealth and were succesful in business prior to being President (Romney would be in that group if elected.).

Quite a few Presidents came from working class families (Obama, Clinton, Nixon, LBJ, Ike, Truman, Reagan from the modern era). Truman is the only President of the modern era that did not use his fame and influence, after serving, to make a lot of money. He steadfastly refused to do that and lived off his Presidential pension until his death. From the post war modern era only four (JFK, Ford, Carter, Bush I&II) came from wealthy families of which only JFK came for an ubber wealthy family.

At the time of their election, all Presidents have been in the 1 percent - that was my point. Unless you can provide an example to the contrary?

Harry Truman. Bill Clinton. Warren G. Harding. Ulysses S. Grant. Rutherford B. Hayes....should I go on?

Warren G. Harding owned a newspaper that he sold for $550,000 in 1923 ($6,964,947.08 adjusted for inflation). How was he not in the top 1 percent?

Bill Clinton was most definitely in the 1% when he was elected President, or at least extremely close to it. The Clintons' gross income in 1991 was reported as being $268,646, or $443,678.14 in 2011 dollars.

Hayes had an estimated net worth of $3 million. He owned a 10,000 sqft mansion on 25 acres in Fremont, Ohio. How many 99 percenters live in a 10,000 sqft house, Mutt?

You may have me on Truman and Grant, although Truman wasn't initially elected, and probably wouldn't have become President had FDR not kicked the bucket.

Thanks for providing my point - it is extremely unlikely for anyone who isn't in the top 1 percent to become President.

I love how Kenneth had to indicate that this post is different from every other one he's ever made, since it has a video instead of a static cartoon. But he couldn't just abandon the concept of reducing complex politics to a simple 1 panel illustration by someone else.

Back