RIP Tom Seaver

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Rest In Peace Tom Terrific. Best pitcher I’ve ever seen that wasn’t a steroid cheater. Best player the Mets ever had and, ironically after how he dominated the Big Red Machine, in the 73 playoffs, the best Pitcher the Reds ever had.

Tom had it all. Accuracy, timing, killer fastball, a soul crushing change up and a nearly unhittable breaking pitch.

I have Seaver as my #1 pick at pitcher in my all Time fantasy team. By WAR statistics and not including steroid cheater Clemens he is the best pitcher all time who did not pitch in the deadball era when pitchers had an overwhelming advantage.

Those of you to young to have not seen Seaver pitched missed out on one of the greatest pitchers ever.

RIP Tom.

Rest In Peace Tom Terrific. Best pitcher I’ve ever seen that wasn’t a steroid cheater. Best player the Mets ever had and, ironically after how he dominated the Big Red Machine, in the 73 playoffs, the best Pitcher the Reds ever had.

Tom had it all. Accuracy, timing, killer fastball, a soul crushing change up and a nearly unhittable breaking pitch.

I have Seaver as my #1 pick at pitcher in my all Time fantasy team. By WAR statistics and not including steroid cheater Clemens he is the best pitcher all time who did not pitch in the deadball era when pitchers had an overwhelming advantage.

Those of you to young to have not seen Seaver pitched missed out on one of the greatest pitchers ever.

RIP Tom.

Just saw this. Tom Terrific and The "Amazin' Mets" of 1969 out of nowhere.
I feel like the 70's were golden for MLB. Who could forget the 1975 series between Cincinnati and Boston?

Just saw this. Tom Terrific and The "Amazin' Mets" of 1969 out of nowhere.
I feel like the 70's were golden for MLB. Who could forget the 1975 series between Cincinnati and Boston?

Got to throw in Tom Terrific was a Trojan as well! Haha.

Got to throw in Tom Terrific was a Trojan as well! Haha.

I was an effective pitcher in high school. 12-1 with a 0.96 ERA my Senior year. I learned how to throw most of my repertoire of pitches watching Tom Seaver how to clips on TV. It helped that he played for my beloved Reds at the time.

RIP Tom.

I got to watch Randy Johnson pitch. Of course, I only got to see him play/win a WS as a Diamondback, so, that sucked. Magic Mets!!

What do you think of Christy Mathewson as an all-time great?

I got to watch Randy Johnson pitch. Of course, I only got to see him play/win a WS as a Diamondback, so, that sucked. Magic Mets!!

What do you think of Christy Mathewson as an all-time great?

Absolutely he was and his career was cut short by WWI.

Back