Robbing the lottery in CA.

uscitizen

Villified User
Anyone else read about Ahunlds plan to rob the lottery in CA. Well it worked so well rogging SS didn't it ? Ohh wait we have not felt the pain from that, about 5 more years to go till we have to start paying back the approx 3 trillion.

reason 1 why If I win the lottery I will take the cash payout. I do not trust the govt with my money.

Anyone else read about Ahunlds plan to rob the lottery in CA. Well it worked so well rogging SS didn't it ? Ohh wait we have not felt the pain from that, about 5 more years to go till we have to start paying back the approx 3 trillion.

reason 1 why If I win the lottery I will take the cash payout. I do not trust the govt with my money.

The government has been robbing it since day one.

This is how the california lotter works:

For every dollar in ticket sales, there is a $.50 "payout".

So if the "jackpot" is worth $10 Million, it means that they've collected $20 Million in ticket sales to produce that jackpot.

Then the 10M is paid out over 26 years, from an annuity worth about 4 million (2.5% of the total the first tear, graduated by .1% eery year until the 26th year @ 5%). They use the interest to make the bulk of the payments. So if you take the lump sum, its 4 million, but after taxes it works out to about 2.8 million.

So they've sold $20 million in tickets to pay some asshole $2.8 million.

And uscitizen, sherlock holmes over here, just figured out that its a ripoff?

Its like paying $7 to get a dollar back, every time.

maybe you PEOPLE in Cali-fornia will stand up and.???

until then expect to continue to be raped...

I used to love California..now it's like the PEOPLE REPUBLIC of the Soviet Uniion of the United States...:clink:

The government has been robbing it since day one.

This is how the california lotter works:

For every dollar in ticket sales, there is a $.50 "payout".

So if the "jackpot" is worth $10 Million, it means that they've collected $20 Million in ticket sales to produce that jackpot.

Then the 10M is paid out over 26 years, from an annuity worth about 4 million (2.5% of the total the first tear, graduated by .1% eery year until the 26th year @ 5%). They use the interest to make the bulk of the payments. So if you take the lump sum, its 4 million, but after taxes it works out to about 2.8 million.

So they've sold $20 million in tickets to pay some asshole $2.8 million.

And uscitizen, sherlock holmes over here, just figured out that its a ripoff?

Its like paying $7 to get a dollar back, every time.

Umm this was about increasing the robbery rate. And Ahnuld got shot down.

Got me I just read the high points on the issue.

His plan has been criticized but not shot down. The budget isn't due until June and it is rarely completed on time.

Edit: What article did you read where it claimed he was shot down?

His plan has been criticized but not shot down. The budget isn't due until June and it is rarely completed on time.

Edit: What article did you read where it claimed he was shot down?

Quotes, get criticized for posting quotes and for not posting quotes.
I am not going to search for it.

Back