Robdawg out of surgery and in recovery

Robdawg

I had my appendix taken out Wed morning at 1AM. I am doing well.

Thank you for all those who are concerned.

Has this place got a jinx on it or something?

That's at least 3 people who have undergone some medical procedure in the last few weeks.

Anyway, all the best with the recovery Rob. And do they let you take it home in a jar?

I didn't know either. I am glad you are doing well and recovering. I wish you the best at a speedy recovery.

no one knew lol i was just kidding, i gotta go get my oxy pills.

it wasn't that bad. feeling a lot better than i was a day ago... lol i guess they also gave me some sort of liquid heroin i didn't like it it just made me tired. the perks were good too

im just mad b/c i had major plans for halloween tonight which are now shot to hell.

no one knew lol i was just kidding, i gotta go get my oxy pills.

it wasn't that bad. feeling a lot better than i was a day ago... lol i guess they also gave me some sort of liquid heroin i didn't like it it just made me tired. the perks were good too

im just mad b/c i had major plans for halloween tonight which are now shot to hell.

Too bad about the plans. Mine are like this for this evening.

1. Get home from work.
2. Take the kid deer hunting until dusk.
3. Take the kid trick-or-treating.

Life on the wild side you know. ;)

Take care and get well soon.

I'm glad you're better, Rob. A friend of mine went through the same thing just a month ago, completely unexpectedly, like you. She's fine and back to her old self; you will be too. Just don't try to push it too fast, OK?

They always think its the appendix when you go to emergency with stomach issues. Wife had some pain went to emergency. They like oh we need to remove your appendix. Mind you shes 7months pregnant at the time. Im like hold on, thats not happening I demand further testing. wasent anything but stretching.

They always think its the appendix when you go to emergency with stomach issues. Wife had some pain went to emergency. They like oh we need to remove your appendix. Mind you shes 7months pregnant at the time. Im like hold on, thats not happening I demand further testing. wasent anything but stretching.

Yes, it seems you always have to question whatever conclusions medical staff reach. In my friend's case, she had horrendous, unbearable abdominal pain, vomiting, the whole 9 yards. She called a friend who's a nurse, who recommended that she call an ambulance immediately. It really was her appendix and luckily it was removed just before it burst, which could have caused all sorts of other very serious problems.

Nevertheless it's always, always wise to get a second opinion. And if you have time, (i.e. not in an emergency situation) find out as much as you can about the condition before you agree to anything, including medication.

I'm glad you're better, Rob. A friend of mine went through the same thing just a month ago, completely unexpectedly, like you. She's fine and back to her old self; you will be too. Just don't try to push it too fast, OK?

oh i wont, but i really am feeling pretty good, just to touch on what chap wrote i went in and they werent' even going to finish testing and they were like yup its your appendix, i was like lets see if thats what it is first... lol i mean they were ready to take it out with out even doing a catscan.

they even bic'ed some of my pubs

oh i wont, but i really am feeling pretty good, just to touch on what chap wrote i went in and they werent' even going to finish testing and they were like yup its your appendix, i was like lets see if thats what it is first... lol i mean they were ready to take it out with out even doing a catscan.

they even bic'ed some of my pubs

You wouldn't want your carpenter or mechanic to cut corners, so make the same fuss with doctors.

Back