Romney endorses McCain

I'm really interested to see who McCain picks, so long as it's not Huckabee, I think he would take the independent vote from McCain. I like the man, agree with some of his policies, but I do think mixing religion and politics to overtly would scare off many independent voters and push them towards what is certainly the greater of two evil for Huckabee voters.

I really hadn't even thought of that.

Clearly he hasn't outright pledged them to McCain or McCain would have the required number of delegates (perhaps off by a few, check my math), and Huckabee would have then dropped out as promised.

Maybe he has to wait to the convention to pledge them?

Any Republicans know?

I really hadn't even thought of that.

Clearly he hasn't outright pledged them to McCain or McCain would have the required number of delegates (perhaps off by a few, check my math), and Huckabee would have then dropped out as promised.

Maybe he has to wait to the convention to pledge them?

Any Republicans know?
He can't "pledge" his delegates. They stick with the candidate until he drops out, they then are able to vote as if they were unassigned. They can now vote as they wish.

Why did Romney wait until it no longer mattered to do this?
It already didn't matter when he dropped out. What do you mean?

He waited until he believed it would make the difference, maybe to get the Right Reverend Huckabee to drop out...

It already didn't matter when he dropped out. What do you mean?

He waited until he believed it would make the difference, maybe to get the Right Reverend Huckabee to drop out...

He waited several weeks after he dropped out to endorse McCain, it would seem to me, if he were trying to broker a VP deal, he would have done it all at once. Brokered the deal, then dropped out, then endorsed, all in a matter of hours.

He waited several weeks after he dropped out to endorse McCain, it would seem to me, if he were trying to broker a VP deal, he would have done it all at once. Brokered the deal, then dropped out, then endorsed, all in a matter of hours.
I think he saw the inevitable and dropped out, then when he realized that Huckabee was still standing in the way for no reason he tried to reinforce what is inevitable for Huckabee.

I think he saw the inevitable and dropped out, then when he realized that Huckabee was still standing in the way for no reason he tried to reinforce what is inevitable for Huckabee.

You are not being very nice. You have mentioned Huckabee several times now.... and you KNOW how much it scares Jarod to hear his name. In the future if you could just refer to him as "the other guy", Jarod would appreciate it.

:cool:

You are not being very nice. You have mentioned Huckabee several times now.... and you KNOW how much it scares Jarod to hear his name. In the future if you could just refer to him as "the other guy", Jarod would appreciate it.

:cool:

As you know its not the name that bothers me, its the people who support him knowing his "wide stance" on that issue that bother me.

Back