Romney is out

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
CNN & Time: Romney will 'suspend' his campaign

Three "GOP sources" have told it that Republican presidential contender is going to "suspend" his campaign, CNN is reporting. Time magazine's Mark Halperin is reporting ROmney will "quit."

Romney is due to speak momentarily at the CPAC 2008 convention in Washington. C-SPAN.org is webcasting the event.
Posted by Mark Memmott at 12:20 PM/ET, February 07, 2008 in Presidential race, 2008, Republicans * Permalink

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2008/02/cnn-time-romney.html

I bet Romney was offered the VP slot to drop out. He shores up McCain on the economic front and sets himself up for a potential 2012 run.

I bet Romney was offered the VP slot to drop out. He shores up McCain on the economic front and sets himself up for a potential 2012 run.

True I think SF.

so what will the Religious right do ? Hold their noses and vote for McCain in NOv ?

i think if romney is smart he starts building support now for 2012 run.. try to rebuild the conservative faction of the pub party.

if you haddent noticed the pubs were totally fractioned into there 3 bases.. moderates, conservatives, and religious. will be interesting to see what party emerges in 2012 or 2016

True I think SF.

so what will the Religious right do ? Hold their noses and vote for McCain in NOv ?

Depends on who the Dems put up.

If it is Hitlary.... they will come out in large numbers to avoid another Clinton term.

If it is Obama.... I think it will be mixed. Some will vote McCain, others will stay home or vote for a third party.

Bottom line, McCain may not be "conservative" enough for the RR, but he is far more conservative than Obama or Hitlary.

if its obama the hard right will stay home in protest. if its Hillary they will be motivated to come out against her.

also obama will steel a chunk of the moderates that Hillary cant get.. who like mccain.

what hillary can offer is that she may entice some women on right to come out.

To get Romney out now vs prolonging this another couple of months. Also to shore up the economic side of the ticket.

I would think he would wait to see who the Democrats are going to nominate and to better judge the mood of the country closer to the time the decision would be anounced.

its crazy to me that the minority of the pub party (basically the religious right) was able to derail the conservatives.. by taking Romney's votes.

now here is a case where potentially the method the dems use to count delegates could have kept the conservative in the race to victory.

if its obama the hard right will stay home in protest. if its Hillary they will be motivated to come out against her.

also obama will steel a chunk of the moderates that Hillary cant get.. who like mccain.

what hillary can offer is that she may entice some women on right to come out.

Yeah according to some polls I have seen about 20% or so of republican women intend to vote for Hitlery.

Some on both sides will not vote for Obama based on his skin color.

Not really.............

Yeah according to some polls I have seen about 20% or so of republican women intend to vote for Hitlery.

Some on both sides will not vote for Obama based on his skin color.

Mostly because of his lack of experience and talking in parables and singing 'Kumbia' rather than addressing where he really stands on the issues and a plan of what he would do if elected... that is comprehensive and logical...

Mostly because of his lack of experience and talking in parables and singing 'Kumbia' rather than addressing where he really stands on the issues and a plan of what he would do if elected... that is comprehensive and logical...

he has more legislative experience then hillary.. more substance on his ideas.. and more international experience. dont buy into the hillary bs.

Kind of reminds me of the nearly issueless bush campaign :D

Back