Ross is back !

uscitizen

Villified User
Perot Web Site Tracks Federal Spending
AP
Posted: 2008-06-17 14:34:24
DALLAS (June 16) - Billionaire former presidential candidate Ross Perot has started a Web site to highlight what he calls the "economic crisis" facing the country because of deficit spending.

Texas billionaire Ross Perot has created a Web site to raise awareness of the ballooning debt from deficit spending. "The economic crisis facing America today is far greater than anything since the Great Depression," Perot, shown
The Web site announced Monday is PerotCharts.com, a play on Perot's use of economic charts in political advertisements during his 1992 and 1996 presidential campaigns.

In a statement Monday, Perot said the nation's debt reached $9.4 trillion in April and is rising more than $1 billion a day.

"We are leaving our children and grandchildren with debt they cannot possibly pay," he said. "The economic crisis facing America today is far greater than anything since the Great Depression."

The Web site, which Perot said is nonpartisan, includes a video of Perot, a blog and a chart presentation explaining the nation's economic problems.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/perot-web-site-tracks-federal-spending/20080617104009990001

I'd forgotten the courageous way the Democrat majority in Congress slashed appropriations to the bone.

The eschewment of earmarking by the majority party was a major achievement too.

:rolleyes:

You had forgotten how that under clowntoon we actually had a surplus ? well depending on how you looked at it, but still pretty good.

You had forgotten how that under clowntoon we actually had a surplus ? well depending on how you looked at it, but still pretty good.
To be fair, it was under Clinton plus a republican congress. He lost his democratic congress early so it is difficult to say for sure, but the first two years' spending were heading the wrong direction. Giving credit where credit is due, Clinton did a lot of positive things in working with a republican congress.

BUT, even so, when the national debt is higher at the end of the year than at the beginning of the year, any claim of "balance" let alone "surplus" is a fucking lie. The only reason they were able to make the claim is because they spent SS surplus funds to do so. Borrowing from one section to pay the bills of another is NOT balancing the budget.

I stated that without the details in my post.

Of course it did not take bush long to turn it around with a republican congress.

I stated that without the details in my post.

Of course it did not take bush long to turn it around with a republican congress.
Which is why fiscal conservatives refuse to accept Bush as one of their own. And fiscal liberals detest how he spent the money.

Bush is neither liberal nor conservative when it comes to spending - just an ass.

Which is why fiscal conservatives refuse to accept Bush as one of their own. And fiscal liberals detest how he spent the money.

Bush is neither liberal nor conservative when it comes to spending - just an ass.

Well he does mostly spend it in conservative directions.
Yes he is an ass.

Back