Run from Red China the satellite killers!

An, at lest semi-important, note to add to this...

That weather satellite is at much the same altitude as many of our imaging satellites that the government uses to "see" important things.

Much like their Taikonaut being a warning to the US that they now have rocket tech to get missiles anywhere in the US, this wasn't just wrecking an already defunct weather satellite.

Is it proper that we spy on alledgedly friendly countries ?

Is it ok to look in your neighbors bedroom window just to be certain trhey are not doing any illegal sex acts ?

Is it proper that we spy on alledgedly friendly countries ?

Is it ok to look in your neighbors bedroom window just to be certain trhey are not doing any illegal sex acts ?
You know that Nations are not your neighbors and "supposedly friendly" is likely to change quickly. Pretending this to attempt to apply personal morals to a different type of entity is almost laughable...

It was, however, simply my point that this was more than destroying a little weather satellite.

So would it be ok for us to shoot down Chinese spy satellites, but not ok for them to shoot down ours ?
Or are all spy satellites off limits ? I sort of go in that direction...

So would it be ok for us to shoot down Chinese spy satellites, but not ok for them to shoot down ours ?
That's the way that most of the diplomats want to go, too. So do I but I worry about the long-term practicality. It's like nuclear non-proliferation, in a way: just a delaying tactic.

The fact is that an a-sat arms race is all but inevitable. It's too obvious a tactical "need" not to be. Scary, but inevitable.

I think, as a government, it is their right to do what is necessary to protect their people. The idea that the US should just pretend space doesn't exist, not "spy" on other nations, etc. because it is wrong to peek in your neighbor's window is a bit ridiculous.

They expect the US to answer, we just won't be all that public about it....

Boy if China blows away our TV type of satellites, it will create a roar that will dwarf 911 outrage by far.

Back