Russell Wilson Traded to Denver Broncos...

Damocles

New Nicotine Free Version
Staff member
Seattle gets Drew Lock, two first round draft picks (2022 and 2023), two second round picks (2022 and 2023), a 2022 5th round pick, and Noah Fant.

Broncos get Russell Wilson and a 4th round pick (2022).

You must be excited; you have two threads on this. lol

Were you hoping for Rodgers?

Yeah, I am excited... they can't stop talking about it on the local news. And I deleted one of the threads. It shouldn't have let it put two in that close in time.

Seattle gets Drew Lock, two first round draft picks (2022 and 2023), two second round picks (2022 and 2023), a 2022 5th round pick, and Noah Fant.

Broncos get Russell Wilson and a 4th round pick (2022).

Wilson is past his prime,scared to run anymore.
Denver gave away way to much.For an over the hill QB!

Russell Wilson is a Top 10 Quarterback! Why do teams release Top 10 quarterbacks?

I would have liked to see him retire in Seattle some day- a retiring of his choice!

Oh well, he'll do well wherever he goes as he is a winner!

Russell Wilson is a Top 10 Quarterback! Why do teams release Top 10 quarterbacks?

I would have liked to see him retire in Seattle some day- a retiring of his choice!

They didn't release him, they traded him. While still surprising it wasn't out of the blue as his displeasure with the team has been known. All QB's take a lot of abuse but with his style of play and porous Seahawk O-Line Wilson has taken more than his fair share. The guy is an absolute stud but will be interesting to see how long he can continue his high level of play with all the punishment his body has taken.

His performance hasn’t been that great for the last two years, just my opinion.

They didn't release him, they traded him. While still surprising it wasn't out of the blue as his displeasure with the team has been known. All QB's take a lot of abuse but with his style of play and porous Seahawk O-Line Wilson has taken more than his fair share. The guy is an absolute stud but will be interesting to see how long he can continue his high level of play with all the punishment his body has taken.

I know that, but if he didn't agree to be traded he would have been released!

For a 5'11" quarterback, he is in a class all of his very own. He is also in a class of quarterbacks that are relentless much like Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes who do whatever it takes to win- even if they have to win it themselves!

It is tough to keep a starting offensive line lineup healthy these days! But to your point, yes, he was abused by many defenses over the years.

Perhaps HE is what Denver needs! We'll see!

Last edited:
His performance hasn’t been that great for the last two years, just my opinion.

A lot of dynamics have to play into a quarterback's success!

One of them is having a healthy offensive line.

Seattle and a lot of other teams have struggled to have one for several years back!

What did they give away to get Peyton?

I'm talking about the "past his prime" stuff. I think they just paid him money as he was released by his previous team. If you remember he had neck surgery and was released after a year off.

A lot of dynamics have to play into a quarterback's success!

One of them is having a healthy offensive line.

Seattle and a lot of other teams have struggled to have one for several years back!
It isn’t just his defensive line, otherwise, Seattle would have just rebuilt around him.

Oh, dang, I liked Russell Wilson, now I have to hate him :laugh:

Im torn as he is a local kid made good.

He still has to approve the trade (its in hie contract) and Denver was not one of the teams he had said he would like to play for so I'd hold off on buying that jersey just yet.

That's my point, they just had to pay Peyton,they gave a Hell of a lot for Wilson!

Wilson is far less of a question. He isn't just coming back the NFL after an experimental surgery. Basically, saying either of them is "past their prime" is very likely to end with a "well I guess he wasn't" when the Broncos collect a couple more Championship Rings.

He gave up on the Seahawks, who either could not or would not build a decent O Line to protect him.

Wilson is far less of a question. He isn't just coming back the NFL after an experimental surgery. Basically, saying either of them is "past their prime" is very likely to end with a "well I guess he wasn't" when the Broncos collect a couple more Championship Rings.

So you're happy with how much they gave up for Wilson?

Back