Russia threatens nuclear attack on Poland over US missile shield deal

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
Russia threatens nuclear attack on Poland over US missile shield deal

Only 24 hours after the weapons agreement was signed Russia's deputy chief of staff warned Poland "is exposing itself to a strike 100 per cent".

General Anatoly Nogovitsyn said that any new US assets in Europe could come under Russian nuclear attack with his forces targeting "the allies of countries having nuclear weapons".

He told Russia's Interfax news agency: "By hosting these, Poland is making itself a target. This is 100 per cent certain. It becomes a target for attack. Such targets are destroyed as a first priority."

Russia's nuclear rhetoric marks an intense new phase in the war of words over Georgia. The Caucasus conflict has spiralled into a Cold War style confrontation between Moscow and Washington in less than a week.

The stand off between the two cold War powers was underlined by Russian president Dmitry Medvedev, who dismissed US claims that the silo is a deterrent against 'rogue states' like Iran as "a fairy tale". He told reporters at the Black Sea resort of Sochi: "The deployment of new missile defence facilities in Europe is aimed against the Russian Federation."

President George W. Bush in a brief but pointed statement earlier in the day said: "The Cold War is over… Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century."

--more at link ...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ck-on-Poland-over-US-missile-shield-deal.html

The mindlessly stupid US president seems intent on destroying the United States before he gets out of office.

I was thinking it was a good thing that "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century."

Good thing the cold war is over.

yep, the cold war is over, just ask china and russia

well, the people of those nations and ours paid for those nuclear missiles so why not use them

lower population and increase genetic mutations all in one fell swoop

It would be an incredible display of sociopathy if Russia actually used a nuclear bomb on Poland.

I think it's good that the first thing Poland did after that heinous war was immediately agree to something Russia hates. It shows Russia that they can't be bullies without having the rest of the world teaming up on them.

What's Russia worried about anyway? They have thousands of nukes. If they pointed them at Poland it wouldn't do shit. And why are they all of the sudden getting all defensive about their capability of striking Poland being limited? Are they planning on striking Poland? This isn't acceptable at all. Russia has done something amazing - lost more credibility in the international community than America.

It would be an incredible display of sociopathy if Russia actually used a nuclear bomb on Poland.

I think it's good that the first thing Poland did after that heinous war was immediately agree to something Russia hates. It shows Russia that they can't be bullies without having the rest of the world teaming up on them.

What's Russia worried about anyway? They have thousands of nukes. If they pointed them at Poland it wouldn't do shit. And why are they all of the sudden getting all defensive about their capability of striking Poland being limited? Are they planning on striking Poland? This isn't acceptable at all. Russia has done something amazing - lost more credibility in the international community than America.

it scares me, but i think russia and the u s of a are working their way towards tactical nukes

on another tentacle, the more anti-missile units, the less threat the international bullies can muster...maybe

Wrong, wrong, and wrong brother.

A. Russia reacted to being attacked by Georgia.

B. The US would not allow ABM's in Cuba, so why should the Russians accept US missiles in their backyard.

C. Russia has not lost more credibility around the world than the US .. who invaded a small nation on bullshit and lies .. no attack, no threat.

Back