russia vs georgia it is about the oil

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
georgia has a pipeline that passes oil from the caspian sea area to europe

russia wants to control oil flowing into europe

russia also wants its imperial borders back and is not afraid to be heavy handed about it as long as the west needs its oil

back to the ussr and the cold war

It just underlines the reasons that we desperately need to work now towards what we saw as necessary in the 70s. Foreign dependence on oil directly effects our foreign policy negatively.

Let's begin to construct the bridge to the future as we work towards the next generation of energy. We need to throw what we have at this, it is a national security issue that needs attention now.

It just underlines the reasons that we desperately need to work now towards what we saw as necessary in the 70s. Foreign dependence on oil directly effects our foreign policy negatively.

Let's begin to construct the bridge to the future as we work towards the next generation of energy. We need to throw what we have at this, it is a national security issue that needs attention now.

rather than buy a new more fuel efficient car i am driving an old 1997 ford taurus - since i only drive about 40 - 50 miles a week, i figure that buying another car would cost the environment more than driving my old one

what we need to do and what the voters will do are two different things

besides, if we slap the label for national security on something, magically it gets passed because the congress critters cannot afford to not pass it - no matter how much it costs

so

raise cafe standards

do not tap the national oil reserve

do not lower gas taxes

use the 's' word

besides, it is not our oil supply that is jeopardized, but europe's, this is the supply that russia wants to control

Of course it was!!!
And this last collapse of the oil price won't be the last. Ie. Price spikes and collapses more violent that the last one are in our future.

And start drilling for oil in our own country.

I keep hearing "It will take 10 years before the oil gets to the pumps!".

I remember hearing that back in the 80s as well. Damn shame we have gotten to the point where we either require instant gratification or we look for a different answer.

And start drilling for oil in our own country.

I keep hearing "It will take 10 years before the oil gets to the pumps!".

I remember hearing that back in the 80s as well. Damn shame we have gotten to the point where we either require instant gratification or we look for a different answer.

This is similar to offshoring jobs instead of improving our educational system.

This is similar to offshoring jobs instead of improving our educational system.

No, its not similar at all.

First of all, the job situation is about privately owned businesses. And the education system is owned and operated by the government. So, in order for there to be a "offshoring jobs instead of improving our educational system", either private businesses have to take over the education system or the government has to take over private businesses. Neither of which has happened.

So there has not been a choice made to offshore jobs INSTEAD of improving our education system.

Back