Sad news for Trumpers

Minneapolis is definitely not going to defund its police. Did you think it would?

Following a years-long review, the federal Justice Department found that Minneapolis police routinely discriminated against black people, used deadly force without justification, and trampled on First Amendment rights. Its report described a police force impervious to accountability whose officers beat, shot and detained people unjustly and patrolled without the trust of citizens.

Investigators found that officers fired weapons without assessing the threat they faced; used neck restraints even in interactions that did not lead to an arrest; and used their tasers on pedestrians and drivers who had committed minor offenses or no offense at all.

Minneapolis officials appeared at a news conference with Merrick Garland on Friday and promised to negotiate with the Justice Department to reach an overhaul agreement - known as a consent decree - that would be monitored in federal court and would force specific changes on the Police Department.

But no defunding.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/16/us/doj-report-minneapolis-police.html

Now Trumpers will have to find something else to bitch about.

Minneapolis is down over 100 officers, the city has a mayor that makes Trudeau look like a genius, the city clowncel looks like the cantina
scene from Star Wars, the state had a budget surplus of $19 billion and not only pissed it all away in one legislative session, they raised taxes on the poor.
The state makes CA look like it is well run. I understand why the sandwich boy liked Minneapolis, he also liked San Francisco.

Minneapolis is definitely not going to defund its police. Did you think it would?

Following a years-long review, the federal Justice Department found that Minneapolis police routinely discriminated against black people, used deadly force without justification, and trampled on First Amendment rights. Its report described a police force impervious to accountability whose officers beat, shot and detained people unjustly and patrolled without the trust of citizens.

Investigators found that officers fired weapons without assessing the threat they faced; used neck restraints even in interactions that did not lead to an arrest; and used their tasers on pedestrians and drivers who had committed minor offenses or no offense at all.

Minneapolis officials appeared at a news conference with Merrick Garland on Friday and promised to negotiate with the Justice Department to reach an overhaul agreement - known as a consent decree - that would be monitored in federal court and would force specific changes on the Police Department.

But no defunding.

those individuals should be fired.

defunding police in general is stupid.

:truestory:

But no defunding.

They want the police defunded so crime goes up in large cities and so they can point and say "See? Democrats are soft on crime!" (while totally forgetting what they did on J6.)

These fuckers should have paid more attention to the fact that many places which were destroyed in the left fueled 60's riots never recovered.

Just arrived in Minneapolis this evening. I disarmed myself and secured my weapon per the laws of MN before crossing from ND. Ugh. Went to the Mall of America then went to 5-8 Grill and had a pepper jack stuffed burger. Planning to attend worship here tomorrow, go to the zoo then stay one more night. I’m ready to leave. The people we have encountered have been nice but there’s too many of them in one place. I have found that I am more of a South Dakota tourist.

But no defunding.

Believe me we have no shortage of things to bitch about

It already did. It demoralized them too.
Is that why people called them when Floyd was in the store making violent threats to people?
Investigators found that officers fired weapons without assessing the threat they faced;
ANYONE firing a weapon assesses the threat, dummy.
used neck restraints even in interactions that did not lead to an arrest;
If you resist arrest or resist the police, expect to be treated this way.
and used their tasers on pedestrians and drivers who had committed minor offenses or no offense at all.
If you resist arrest and resist the police, expect to be treated this way.

But no defunding.
They've already been defunded and demoralized.
The shit-hole that Minneapolis has become isn't enough?

They want the police defunded so crime goes up in large cities and so they can point and say "See? Democrats are soft on crime!" (while totally forgetting what they did on J6.)

Democrats are not only soft on crime, they ENCOURAGE IT. They also started the riots in Jan 6th. They also fund and support violent factions like Antifa, BLM, and Proud Boys.

Just arrived in Minneapolis this evening. I disarmed myself and secured my weapon per the laws of MN before crossing from ND. Ugh. Went to the Mall of America then went to 5-8 Grill and had a pepper jack stuffed burger. Planning to attend worship here tomorrow, go to the zoo then stay one more night. I’m ready to leave. The people we have encountered have been nice but there’s too many of them in one place. I have found that I am more of a South Dakota tourist.

My cousins live in St. Paul. You're right; it is another crowded big city. You're on vacation? What stuff are you visiting?

My cousins live in St. Paul. You're right; it is another crowded big city. You're on vacation? What stuff are you visiting?

We flew in to Sioux Falls, SD last Saturday, rented a Traverse and then stayed the night in Pierre since that was the closest place with a congregation to worship with on Sunday morning. Then we did all the normal stuff in SD…Badlands, Crazy Horse, Rushmore and a few old Army outposts. I must stop here and say that I could have spent the entire 2 weeks in South Dakota. The people were very friendly and the scenery and wildlife is great. Lots of hiking to be done and decent food along the way.

Anyway, we then went north into North Dakota and toured that state from West to East. We visited some old preserved and reconstructed trading posts, some Army forts and some Indian schools. The state lacks the scenery that its brother to the south has but we made it through. Entered Minnesota and visited Lake Itasca and the headwaters of the Mississippi. Where we are from, the Mississippi is a foreboding river so it was cool to be able to wade across it if we had wanted to.

We entered Minneapolis yesterday and went to church services here this morning and plan to drive to Wisconsin tomorrow. We have a few things planned to there then will make our way back to Sioux Falls by Wednesday to fly home on Thursday. These are the kinds of trips we have enjoyed since the offspring has gotten older. A loose schedule and drive around seeing the countryside.

Also I put the boy in charge of restaurants. Today we had Scandinavian in Minneapolis for lunch and Russian in St. Paul for supper. It’s been great so far but I will be glad to get out of the city.

Added for today: We rolled into Milwaukee just a couple of hours after the kids’ shooting. We visited a dairy and hit a couple of local restaurants here. Will start back westward tomorrow.

We flew in to Sioux Falls, SD last Saturday, rented a Traverse and then stayed the night in Pierre since that was the closest place with a congregation to worship with on Sunday morning. Then we did all the normal stuff in SD…Badlands, Crazy Horse, Rushmore and a few old Army outposts. I must stop here and say that I could have spent the entire 2 weeks in South Dakota. The people were very friendly and the scenery and wildlife is great. Lots of hiking to be done and decent food along the way.

Anyway, we then went north into North Dakota and toured that state from West to East. We visited some old preserved and reconstructed trading posts, some Army forts and some Indian schools. The state lacks the scenery that its brother to the south has but we made it through. Entered Minnesota and visited Lake Itasca and the headwaters of the Mississippi. Where we are from, the Mississippi is a foreboding river so it was cool to be able to wade across it if we had wanted to.

We entered Minneapolis yesterday and went to church services here this morning and plan to drive to Wisconsin tomorrow. We have a few things planned to there then will make our way back to Sioux Falls by Wednesday to fly home on Thursday. These are the kinds of trips we have enjoyed since the offspring has gotten older. A loose schedule and drive around seeing the countryside.

Also I put the boy in charge of restaurants. Today we had Scandinavian in Minneapolis for lunch and Russian in St. Paul for supper. It’s been great so far but I will be glad to get out of the city.

Added for today: We rolled into Milwaukee just a couple of hours after the kids’ shooting. We visited a dairy and hit a couple of local restaurants here. Will start back westward tomorrow.

Sounds like you all are having a lovely time. Immersion vacations are the best. Safe travels home!

Back