Salman Rushdie: ‘Free Palestine’ Would Be ‘Taliban-Like State’

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
No writer in the world is as threatened as Salman Rushdie, who has been so for more than three and a half decades, since in 1988, the Ayatollah Khomeini issued a sharia-based death fatwa against the British-Indian author for allegedly insulting Islam with his book “The Satanic Verses,” wrote Bild’s Timo Lokoschat on Sunday, after the most man-hunted author in the world, who is 76, spoke up during a literary festival in Berlin, saying that a free Palestine would be a “Taliban-like state.”

In an interview on public broadcaster RBB in Berlin, Rushdie said: “I have been in favor of a separate Palestinian state most of my life, since the 1980s. But if there were a Palestinian state now, it would be run by Hamas and we would have a Taliban-like state – a satellite state of Iran. Is this what the progressive movements of the Western Left want to create?”

No writer in the world is as threatened as Salman Rushdie, who has been so for more than three and a half decades, since in 1988, the Ayatollah Khomeini issued a sharia-based death fatwa against the British-Indian author for allegedly insulting Islam with his book “The Satanic Verses,” wrote Bild’s Timo Lokoschat on Sunday, after the most man-hunted author in the world, who is 76, spoke up during a literary festival in Berlin, saying that a free Palestine would be a “Taliban-like state.”

In an interview on public broadcaster RBB in Berlin, Rushdie said: “I have been in favor of a separate Palestinian state most of my life, since the 1980s. But if there were a Palestinian state now, it would be run by Hamas and we would have a Taliban-like state – a satellite state of Iran. Is this what the progressive movements of the Western Left want to create?”

Oh course it would be and saying as much cost him and eye.

Back