Same Old Message of Change and Hope

This inauguration ceremony marks a new beginning, a new dedication within our Government, and a new spirit among us all. A President may sense and proclaim that new spirit, but only a people can provide it....

You have given me a great responsibility—to stay close to you, to be worthy of you, and to exemplify what you are. Let us create together a new national spirit of unity and trust. Your strength can compensate for my weakness, and your wisdom can help to minimize my mistakes.
Let us learn together and laugh together and work together and pray together, confident that in the end we will triumph together in the right....

The American dream endures. We must once again have full faith in our country—and in one another. I believe America can be better. We can be even stronger than before....

Within us, the people of the United States, there is evident a serious and purposeful rekindling of confidence. And I join in the hope that when my time as your President has ended, people might say this about our Nation....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I want you to read these lines and see if you can picture Obama saying them. To me, it sounds amazingly like an Obama stump speech. Full of Hopes and Dreams and the promise of Change and Togetherness. It is exactly the same message being used by Obama to garner your vote.

It is from the 1977 Inaugural Speech of Jimmy Carter. Same baseless platitudes and wishful thinking. Same promises of hope and change. It just goes to show, nothing much has changed in the Democratic party since Carter.

It actually doesn't sound that much like Obama, and is incredibly flimsy as far as "showing" anything about the Democratic party.

What a stupid thread.

Geez..don't remind us of living through the Carter yrs.

I can see that looming in our future though.

Well, it is kind of ironic, since Bush's tenure has resembled the Carter years in a variety of ways; we're bordering on stagflation, there is an energy/oil crisis, failures in the Mideast, lack of coherent leadership & the rest. There may as well be a misery index with the state of the economy.

Bush is definitely the GOP's Carter. He has guaranteed big majorities for the Dems in Congress....

So, how's that definition of Marxism, followed by an explanation of how Obama's policies can be included in it, coming along?

So, how's that definition of Marxism, followed by an explanation of how Obama's policies can be included in it, coming along?

You know, I liked it better when I was on your ignore list..
I'm not your lapdog, go research it yourself.

Why do I need to research a claim you made? You made the claim, let's see you state what Marxism is and what qualifies Obama as a "radical marxist". Warren Buffet just endorsed him. What do you know that the richest businessman in the world doesn't? Pray, enlighten us.

Meme you might as well tell us and yourself the truth.

You hvae no proof and have based these ideas right out of the ass of the propaganda mongers in the republican party.

You are lapping up the lies of people who are using you to rape you.

Great example of who Im talking about alwaysdisputable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedState

In March 2006, co-founder Domenech was hired as a blogger by the Washington Post Online, but quickly came under criticism for his prior writings, some of which were plagiarized. At the end of his first week, Domenech resigned, eventually admitting to plagiarism. [1] He took a leave of absence from RedState at the time, from which he returned in July 2006 under a new handle (his own name), and still listed as a Senior Editor for RedState.

On November 16, 2006, former congressman Tom DeLay posted a diary, and he has followed up multiple times. [2] Several other members of the House of Representatives and the US Senate are regular diarists at RedState.

Back