San Francisco to Honor Bush

Cypress

This brings a tear to my eye.

Another reason to love San Francisco Liberals.

They're naming an important city landmark after President George W. Bush.

An Honor That Bush Is Unlikely to Embrace -- San Francisco to Rename Sewage Plant after President Bush

New York Times - June 25

....the Presidential Memorial Commission of San Francisco is planning to ask voters here to change the name of a prize-winning water treatment plant on the shoreline to the George W. Bush Sewage Plant.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/25/w...4a&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Just to show you how f*ck up San Francisco is there has been an actual debate going on about this because this water plant won some award for the good work it supposedly did and is arguing that it is offensive to all its workers to name it after Bush.

To live in a city that has so few problems these are the kind of debates we are having... ah, it's heaven.

Just to show you how f*ck up San Francisco is there has been an actual debate going on about this because this water plant won some award for the good work it supposedly did and is arguing that it is offensive to all its workers to name it after Bush.

To live in a city that has so few problems these are the kind of debates we are having... ah, it's heaven.

Back in San Fran, dude?

Cawacko,

Bush isn't going to get any airports named after him, and he ain't going up on Mount Rushmore.

Having a sewage plant named after him is about the best he can expect, as far as his legacy goes.

Back in San Fran, dude?

Cawacko,

Bush isn't going to get any airports named after him, and he ain't going up on Mount Rushmore.

Having a sewage plant named after him is about the best he can expect, as far as his legacy goes.

Nah, I wish. I still read the Chronicle and Examiner on-line everyday so I get the local flavor. Family and most friends are still there as well so I keep up with the local issues through them. I'm just taking a long circuitious (sp?) route back.

Did you see L.A. mayor Variagusa (sp) is having a fund raiser in S.F. this week? Needless to say Gavin Newsom is not happy. They will be two of the top Democratic candidates for Govenor in 2010.

Nah, I wish. I still read the Chronicle and Examiner on-line everyday so I get the local flavor. Family and most friends are still there as well so I keep up with the local issues through them. I'm just taking a long circuitious (sp?) route back.

Did you see L.A. mayor Variagusa (sp) is having a fund raiser in S.F. this week? Needless to say Gavin Newsom is not happy. They will be two of the top Democratic candidates for Govenor in 2010.

I though Villragosa's chances where shot down by that affair he had. I think Newsome had an affair too?

Oh, well. This isn't Alabama. Maybe california voters won't give a shit about their personal sex lives. Look at Arnold!

Back in San Fran, dude?

Cawacko,

Oh, i don't know, isn't there a particularly virulent parasitic virus out there just crying out for an appropriate name?

Hmmmm, I can see their point. I think I'm on their side now. I mean, naming Chernoble after Bush is a good idea but they are right. If you've actually accomplished something worthwhile, good and productive, naming it after Bush is a slap in the face.

Newsom's affair was f'd up because it was with one of his best friend's wife and the guy was like his chief of staff or some important position. The guy in L.A. didn't help himself because it was with a news reporter who had been covering him. That being said they are mayor of the two most populous cities in California.

Newsom's affair was f'd up because it was with one of his best friend's wife and the guy was like his chief of staff or some important position. The guy in L.A. didn't help himself because it was with a news reporter who had been covering him. That being said they are mayor of the two most populous cities in California.

Oh yeah, I forgot it involved his best friend's wife. That's totally effed up, and says something about Newsome. That's a case where I probably would consider private sexual matters relevant to his character as a potential governor. What a goon.

I don't see any republican goons who have a realistic chance for governor. Isn't Arnold going to try to take Boxer's senate seat? She's gonna kick his @ss.

Oh yeah, I forgot it involved his best friend's wife. That's totally effed up, and says something about Newsome. That's a case where I probably would consider private sexual matters relevant to his character as a potential governor. What a goon.

I don't see any republican goons who have a realistic chance for governor. Isn't Arnold going to try to take Boxer's senate seat? She's gonna kick his @ss.

I doubt any Republican would win so that's why the battle for the Dem nominee has essentially started because whoever wins that knows they are the odds on favorite.

You might be shocked to know I am no big fan of Boxer. California could do worse than having two moderates such as Feinstein and Arnold representing it.

Back