Sanctittie of Marriage`

Robdawg

So holyrollers now say that it's okay to get married b/c you got your 17 y/o girlfriend knocked up.

I find it completely hypocritical that holyrollers seem to be loving that she's having a baby. Did they forget that she's not married? I don't think ill ever understand holyrollers.

yeah, I'm missing the hypocricy. They would be glad she's getting married which she (supposedly) is.

they would be glad that she's having a shotgun wedding?? i hope she isn't thinking about wearing white.

Are you kidding me btw. happy that your 17 year old daughter, who isn't even in college yet or graduated for that matter is marrying a person who got her knocked up who has stated he doesn't want kids.

Have you read his myspace page.... the dude is creepy... but then again she shoots things and has dead carcases in her office. i find the whole thing a little strange.

they would be glad that she's having a shotgun wedding?? i hope she isn't thinking about wearing white.

Are you kidding me btw. happy that your 17 year old daughter, who isn't even in college yet or graduated for that matter is marrying a person who got her knocked up who has stated he doesn't want kids.

Have you read his myspace page.... the dude is creepy... but then again she shoots things and has dead carcases in her office. i find the whole thing a little strange.

i'm just speaking about the social conservatives in general. As far as this particular case I know almost nothing about the daughter or the dude who knocked her up though I thought I saw a picture. Looked like he had a mullet but I probably glanced to quickly.

Rob it's like you live on another planet. Since when is hunting creepy?

I don't understand how hunting can be a sport. I find the whole thing disgusting. but then again im practically a new yorker. I like my food in a plate not in the woods.

bowling and running and even golf could be a sport, but i don't see how killing a living thing for fun can be a sport.

It's not a person, Rob. Or even a domesticated animal like a dog or cat or horse.

Hunting is perfectly natural. Animals hunt one another, and before the Agricultural Revolution we as a species were largely dependant upon hunting.

Some people may consider hunting a sport, but real hunters always eat what they shoot and don't let it go to waste.

Hunting is the quintessential connection to our ancient history. It is not a sport like football or baseball. It is pitting yourself against the wilds. It is taking an active part in the harvesting of your own food, free from steroids, antibiotics and other chemicals.

It is one person stalking one animal. It is trying to overcome the animal's superior sense of smell, sight & hearing, with your own skills and efforts.

It is the dawn on a crisp fall morning, waiting for movement and life to come to the forest.

It is also supporting most conservation efforts, environmental efforts and preservation efforts.

Hunting is the quintessential connection to our ancient history. It is not a sport like football or baseball. It is pitting yourself against the wilds. It is taking an active part in the harvesting of your own food, free from steroids, antibiotics and other chemicals.

It is one person stalking one animal. It is trying to overcome the animal's superior sense of smell, sight & hearing, with your own skills and efforts.

It is the dawn on a crisp fall morning, waiting for movement and life to come to the forest.

It is also supporting most conservation efforts, environmental efforts and preservation efforts.

OHHHH romantic sounding. You're going to be the next Hemingway Sol.

So holyrollers now say that it's okay to get married b/c you got your 17 y/o girlfriend knocked up.

I find it completely hypocritical that holyrollers seem to be loving that she's having a baby. Did they forget that she's not married? I don't think ill ever understand holyrollers.

I don't know if a Palin supporter would say quite that, holy roller or not--but I bet the daughter would admitt her mistake. Don't forget Amanashad (the Iran hitler) supports Obama, and I don't quite understand his view points--or his machete against Americans necks points. Apples being apples here, talking about supporters view points---who do you really support?

I don't understand how hunting can be a sport. I find the whole thing disgusting. but then again im practically a new yorker. I like my food in a plate not in the woods.

bowling and running and even golf could be a sport, but i don't see how killing a living thing for fun can be a sport.

Just like any other sport, the more you do it and learn it, the more you will probably like it. I did some rabbit hunting with a beagle that was really fun, and they taste great. I did some trapping, but I never got good at that. I did some deer hunting, but I never shot a deer. Being from NY, I am sure you can imagine the serenity of being out in the woods alone, watching the sun come up. Being quiet, and totally soaking up the natural surroundings (like many environmentalists ever did that). I really don't want to kill a deer either, or hunt anymore. But it was a mainstay in the USA, and the tradition alone is worth doing. It also, I guess, with the help of the DNR, does control wild life population to mesh with human population. When all is quiet, you can see your breath as the sun breaks over the horizon a bit--then you hear that CRASH-CRASH CRASH of breaking twigs behind you from that deer who smelled you (not experienced to put the blind down wind from the deer runway--the next time just got more fun) and was smarter than you that day--I tell ya--your heart skips a beat or two. I never shot a deer--but that alone was quite a fantastic experience.
Now--hunting something that can hunt you back--like bear--has got to be a sport. :)

Believe me NY sir---if you had to hunt--you would. I can imagine most famlies in Alaska have fresh meat in one or two chest freezers year round. In Michigan--I knew families who shot deer any time--season or not--to keep the freezer up with meat. Ya got it right--we don't all live in a city. I don't see why parking is not free, and why there are so many bums on the street asking me for money. Why is that guy washing my windshield? Why is that man hanging out in the shadows of the alley? That is the kind of stuff that is strange to me. :)

Last edited:
Just like any other sport, the more you do it and learn it, the more you will probably like it. I did some rabbit hunting with a beagle that was really fun, and they taste great. I did some trapping, but I never got good at that. I did some deer hunting, but I never shot a deer. Being from NY, I am sure you can imagine the serenity of being out in the woods alone, watching the sun come up. Being quiet, and totally soaking up the natural surroundings (like many environmentalists ever did that). I really don't want to kill a deer either, or hunt anymore. But it was a mainstay in the USA, and the tradition alone is worth doing. It also, I guess, with the help of the DNR, does control wild life population to mesh with human population. When all is quiet, you can see your breath as the sun breaks over the horizon a bit--then you hear that CRASH-CRASH CRASH of breaking twigs behind you from that deer who smelled you (not experienced to put the blind down wind from the deer runway--the next time just got more fun) and was smarter than you that day--I tell ya--your heart skips a beat or two. I never shot a deer--but that alone was quite a fantastic experience.
Now--hunting something that can hunt you back--like bear--has got to be a sport. :)

Believe me NY sir---if you had to hunt--you would. I can imagine most famlies in Alaska have fresh meat in one or two chest freezers year round. In Michigan--I knew families who shot deer any time--season or not--to keep the freezer up with meat. Ya got it right--we don't all live in a city. I don't see why parking is not free, and why there are so many bums on the street asking me for money. Why is that guy washing my windshield? Why is that man hanging out in the shadows of the alley? That is the kind of stuff that is strange to me. :)

Unless you go to Alaska the only bears you can hunt are black bears. Not very vicious. Hard to get them to hunt you back, so I am told.

But hunting wild hogs is when you can get hunted back.

Well spoken post, Majority.

Hey asshole, it's something called personal responsibility - apparently a concept which is foreign to you. :mad: Don't you think abortion would have been the easy way out? It would have side-stepped a lot of controversy. But as Christian conservatives, they stand by their principles. If you don't find that admirable, you're an idiot.

But, either way, you're a fucking prick. :321:

They use to stone you, unless you were betrothed!:clink:
Not for simple fornication. The boy would have to be married to some other woman for them to stone her even way back before Jesus came and changed it all for those who followed him with the New Covenant.

Back