Santorum the Great!

Prakosh

Today on Meet the Press, the number three man in the senate, the vulnerable Rick Santorum has this to say on the situation in Iraq:

"More troops, less troops, I don't know, Tim!"

And then quickly began trumpeting the call to arms over the dire situation in Iran.

Incredible, they don't know what to do with the war they have, and yet they want another one. They can't define what victory is in Iraq, yet they want another war elsewhere.

I haven't seen it yet.

Who is "they" that can't define victory? Santorum is not a democrat is he?

War's are good press for the party in power. They always appease the ignorant masses, and anyway who disagrees you can just call unpatriotic.

Why can't you come up with something more original than this tripe?
Because I was making a joke. At least figure out what I normally would say before making an idiot of yourself. You ask this as if you knew what I would constantly say, but this only points out that you don't. Stick around and find out what people's actual positions are before making this kind of judgement. You have no idea what I think or believe and you make it clear every time you judge so ineptly.

And why do you love the terrorists?

Is this supposed to be compelling in some way? If so, tell me how or why! Claiming that everyone who questions a particular president's policies hate's "America" is to confuse the person with the country. And to claim that these same people "love the terrorists" is to be so afflicted with Manichean blindness that imagination is starved and creative alternatives cannot be envisioned.

Is this supposed to be compelling in some way? If so, tell me how or why! Claiming that everyone who questions a particular president's policies hate's "America" is to confuse the person with the country. And to claim that these same people "love the terrorists" is to be so afflicted with Manichean blindness that imagination is starved and creative alternatives cannot be envisioned.
Once again. It is supposed to be a joke, an inside joke that you haven't been around long enough to know about. So give it up at least until you actually know what my position is...

We are fighting a war with islam. That means we have to go after them whereever they are. iraq is still an occupation rebuilding effort. The war WITH iraq is over, the war FOR iraq is still waging. iran is the source of most of the troubles in iraq and the rest of the world for that matter. Going there is just opening another front in a world wide war effort.

hezbollah has even begun recruiting and training in venezuala. with chevez's blessing. There's an article on it in Ynet.

We are fighting a war with islam. That means we have to go after them whereever they are. iraq is still an occupation rebuilding effort. The war WITH iraq is over, the war FOR iraq is still waging. iran is the source of most of the troubles in iraq and the rest of the world for that matter. Going there is just opening another front in a world wide war effort.

hezbollah has even begun recruiting and training in venezuala. with chevez's blessing. There's an article on it in Ynet.

We are fighting a war with islam. That means we have to go after them whereever they are.

So basicially - after the WMD went missing - and you dredged up excuses about "humanitarian" reasons for the war (rape rooms and torture chambers), that turned out to be a lie too?

Gaffer is not too bright I guess
Or he sees it from a more general picture. You can ask and get him to explain or make fascetious remarks and see if you can grow that divide even further.

I prefer the fascetious remark approach, it makes for more fun threads on a Poli-Board... :D

———————————————————

War morphing--ya gotta like that, huh? If as you claim "iran (sic) is the source of most of the troubles in iraq (sic)" why did the great and wise Bush and his cohors, go to war with Iraq before taking care of the problems in Iran. Wouldn't it appear that feckless leader has made a major mistake early on, that will not be easily corrected now simply by going to war with Iran. Where is he going to get the Army to fight the war with Iran? Where is he going to get the money to fight the war with Iran? Who is he going to get to support his war with Iran, besides his own Qaeda, that is, who like their namesake, the fundamentalist followers of bin Laden, are willing to send others to die for cause. Will the American people respond to another pack of lies from the lying President?

I presented from the beginning that WMD was a distraction and that we were working to surround Iran with "Democracy" as the website for their political plans stated they plan on spreading...

I believe that Iraq was supposed to be the first step toward toppling the religious regime in Iran.

———————————————————

War morphing--ya gotta like that, huh? If as you claim "iran (sic) is the source of most of the troubles in iraq (sic)" why did the great and wise Bush and his cohors, go to war with Iraq before taking care of the problems in Iran. Wouldn't it appear that feckless leader has made a major mistake early on, that will not be easily corrected now simply by going to war with Iran. Where is he going to get the Army to fight the war with Iran? Where is he going to get the money to fight the war with Iran? Who is he going to get to support his war with Iran, besides his own Qaeda, that is, who like their namesake, the fundamentalist followers of bin Laden, are willing to send others to die for cause. Will the American people respond to another pack of lies from the lying President?

If as you claim "iran (sic) is the source of most of the troubles in iraq (sic)" why did the great and wise Bush and his cohors, go to war with Iraq before taking care of the problems in Iran.

Standard republican answer:

Because Bush was "clever" enough to "surround" Iran, by removing Iran's two worst enemies - the sunni-extremist Taliban, and the secular dictator Saddam. If that makes sense.

Two more years of these idiot NeoCons in power.

By every concievable empirical measure, the Iraq invasion strengthened Iran.

If the goal was to weaken Iran, we would have left their worst enemy in power: Saddam.

Back