Search Function missing my posts?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Damo... I used to always use the search function to find new posts that mention my name (it's how I find threads that address me in some way)...

Well today save for a few of the very recent postings referring to me, most are all gone. .. all the way back to the first few days I signed up here.

What's up?

I have no idea. I have changed nothing in that area, unless you are searching without logging in.

Hmm... I can't figure that out. I've changed nothing in the search function. I ran a search and actually it didn't find this thread! I'm wondering if it has something to do with changing it so the Cache is longer than before.... I'll give that a test and see if it changed it.

Hmmm... If I put your username in as a search it finds threads that mention you. If I put it in as a search in the username field it finds threads you posted in. I find it all the way back to the beginning of the board as well. I wasn't able to find this thread because nobody ever said "Grind" in this thread...

Now, yeah, you wont see much because now most of the posts are gone... but there used to be a lot more before.

It doesn't really matter I guess because they are old posts that I wont read anymore anyway.. but I use that feature everyday to find where I am needed, so hopefully It doesn't keep happening.

Oh yes.. I don't know if this is just me but the quick reply doesn't seem to be working... the regular reply feature works just fine though.

It appears you have them listing as Show Thread instead of Show Post... When I have it "Show Post" I get more...

Now, yeah, you wont see much because now most of the posts are gone... but there used to be a lot more before.

It doesn't really matter I guess because they are old posts that I wont read anymore anyway.. but I use that feature everyday to find where I am needed, so hopefully It doesn't keep happening.

Oh yes.. I don't know if this is just me but the quick reply doesn't seem to be working... the regular reply feature works just fine though.
Something with you then. I use quick reply far more often than Post Reply...

Delete your cookie for this board and renew it. I think there is something weird going on with the cookies.

I forgot I had selected the "not full text" option to test it last night. I thought I had changed it back.

Back