Sebelius: Yep, Obamacare is raising insurance costs

Pointgold

Keeps It Simple
A watershed moment in the ongoing disaster of ObamaCare, as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finally admits that health insurance premiums are rising because of the President’s health insurance takeover, per the Wall Street Journal:

Ms. Sebelius’s remarks come weeks before insurers are expected to begin releasing rates for plans that start on Jan. 1, 2014, when key provisions of the health law kick in. Premiums have been a sensitive subject for the Obama administration, which is counting on elements in the health law designed to increase competition among insurers to keep rates in check. The administration has pointed to subsidies that will be available for many lower-income Americans to help them with the cost of coverage.

The secretary’s remarks are among the first direct statements from federal officials that people who have skimpy health plans right now could face higher premiums for plans that are more generous. She noted that the law requires plans to provide better benefits and treat all customers equally regardless of their medical claims.

“These folks will be moving into a really fully insured product for the first time, and so there may be a higher cost associated with getting into that market,”
she said. “But we feel pretty strongly that with subsidies available to a lot of that population that they are really going to see much better benefit for the money that they’re spending.

Ms. Sebelius added that those customers currently pay more for their health care if their plans have high out-of-pocket costs, high deductibles or exclude particular types of coverage, such as mental health treatment. She also said that some men and younger customers could see their rates increase while women and older customers could see their rates drop because the law restricts insurers’ ability to set rates based on age and gender.

I don't know a thing about healthcare, and I'm Smarmy. :thup:
We knew that from reading your moronic OP.

To review....patients will get real coverage in exchange for a low quality policy, and it will more than likely cost more money.

You're such a fuckin moron, you highlighted the segment of your OP that illustrates exactly how stupid you are.

The secretary’s remarks are among the first direct statements from federal officials that people who have skimpy health plans right now could face higher premiums for plans that are more generous.

Well, duh! If I had the choice of the health care I currently receive that has boucoup limitations, uncovered treatments, and high deductibles which I pay out of the ass for Obamacare which I will admitedly pay a little more for but covers those things?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, does it?

We knew that from reading your moronic OP.

To review....patients will get real coverage in exchange for a low quality policy, and it will more than likely cost more money.
Define 'low quality' policy.

There will be a mandate for individual policies to have coverages which are optional now, thus raising the premium.

You don't know jack about insurance proven by your 'belief' someone with 80/20 co-insurance is responsible for 20% of a 1 million dollar bill.

Imbecile.

Well, duh! If I had the choice of the health care I currently receive that has boucoup limitations, uncovered treatments, and high deductibles which I pay out of the ass for Obamacare which I will admitedly pay a little more for but covers those things?

What are the limitations and uncovered treatments on your current plan?

A watershed moment in the ongoing disaster of ObamaCare, as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finally admits that health insurance premiums are rising because of the President’s health insurance takeover, per the Wall Street Journal:

Ms. Sebelius’s remarks come weeks before insurers are expected to begin releasing rates for plans that start on Jan. 1, 2014, when key provisions of the health law kick in. Premiums have been a sensitive subject for the Obama administration, which is counting on elements in the health law designed to increase competition among insurers to keep rates in check. The administration has pointed to subsidies that will be available for many lower-income Americans to help them with the cost of coverage.

The secretary’s remarks are among the first direct statements from federal officials that people who have skimpy health plans right now could face higher premiums for plans that are more generous. She noted that the law requires plans to provide better benefits and treat all customers equally regardless of their medical claims.

“These folks will be moving into a really fully insured product for the first time, and so there may be a higher cost associated with getting into that market,”
she said. “But we feel pretty strongly that with subsidies available to a lot of that population that they are really going to see much better benefit for the money that they’re spending.

Ms. Sebelius added that those customers currently pay more for their health care if their plans have high out-of-pocket costs, high deductibles or exclude particular types of coverage, such as mental health treatment. She also said that some men and younger customers could see their rates increase while women and older customers could see their rates drop because the law restricts insurers’ ability to set rates based on age and gender.

Another Rightie...

...ANOTHER LIE!

"...could face higher premiums"

"COULD"...not will.

"...could see their rates increase"

"COULD"...not will

I guess it's just too much to hope that JPP Righties will engage in honest discussion.

ANOTHER LIE...

\

Apparently it DOES take a rocket scientist, because the dull-normal Righties populating this "brain trust" here can't seem to grasp that concept.

Define 'low quality' policy.

There will be a mandate for individual policies to have coverages which are optional now, thus raising the premium.

You don't know jack about insurance proven by your 'belief' someone with 80/20 co-insurance is responsible for 20% of a 1 million dollar bill.

Imbecile.

Define "could"

Now define "will"

Explain the differences between the two words.

I don't know jack about insurance proven by my 'belief' someone with 80/20 co-insurance is responsible for 20% of a 1 million dollar bill.

I'm an Imbecile.
Don't be so tough on yourself. Many people don't understand the intricacies of health insurance. I could explain the 80/20 for you some day if you like. Of course, I've been buying insurance since the time you were still eating poo from the litter box, so you aren't aware of the changes in the industry over the decades.

Don't be so tough on yourself. Many people don't understand the intricacies of health insurance. I could explain the 80/20 for you some day if you like. Of course, I've been buying insurance since the time you were still eating poo from the litter box, so you aren't aware of the changes in the industry over the decades.
Then why did you think someone with an 80/20 co-insurance would be responsible for 20% of a $100,000 bill?

http://www.dcjunkies.com/showthread...er-massive-lie&p=406255&viewfull=1#post406255

Back