Senate Democratic Leader Wants New Guest Worker Program Despite Recession and High Un

meme

:) well I'll be.

--------------------------------
SNIP:

Monday, June 22, 2009
By Terence P. Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief

(CNSNews.com) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D.-Nev.) says he wants to enact a new guest worker program as part of a comprehensive immigration reform bill that he is vowing to take up in Congress.

Reid announced his intention to enact a new guest worker program last week despite the fact that the economy is in a deep recession and the national unemployment rate has reached 9.4%, a level that has not been seen since 1983 and that is rare in the post-World War II era.

President Obama, meanwhile, will host a meeting at the White House on Thursday to discuss comprehensive immigration reform with selected House members and senators. “The meeting is to continue the conversation with the hopes of beginning the debate in earnest later this year,” White House Spokesman Robert Gibbs said on Friday.

Reid’s remarks about he guest worker program were made in anticipation of this White House meeting.

“I know that I talked to the White House, recognizing they were going to have a meeting, and gave them my ideas as to what should be the lay of the land on immigration,” Reid told reporters at a press conference last Monday.

“I said in this room last week that I've got to do health care, I've got to do energy, and then I'm looking very closely at doing immigration,” said Reid. “I think it's something that we have to do. It's important. I've outlined to you on a number of different occasions what I think should be in the legislation. I think it's extremely important for our country. We have an immigration system that's broken and needs repair.”

read it all here..
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49907

I want a guest work program BECAUSE of the recession. There are just some common sense things we can do to boost the economy that don't require any money. No true American would oppose this.

I want a guest work program BECAUSE of the recession. There are just some common sense things we can do to boost the economy that don't require any money. No true American would oppose this.

And some of you didn't believe wm was a dumb as a rock....

now you can't deny it....

Back