Senate Round Up

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
So far, the Democrats have picked up 4 seats, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Virginia and New Mexico. That brings them up to 55. In short order, the other Udall will be declared winner of Colorado, 56. Alaska and Oregon will likely go to the Democrats, with Oregon being a bit tougher. That puts them at 58.

Franken appears to be leading in Minnesota. If he pulls it off, that puts the Democrats at 59.

Then the Democrats would have to win one of Mississippi or Georgia, neither of which looks likely. However, in Georgia if neither candidate gets 50%, there is a run off at a later date. It may turn out that we don't know whether the Democrats get to 60 (Lieberman included) until much later.

What killed them was that ignorant white racists in the south fell to the fearmongering, ignorant campaign of conservatives and that boosted the republicans numbers. Even though the Democrat and the Republican in each race had absolutely no real differences.

So far, the Democrats have picked up 4 seats, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Virginia and New Mexico. That brings them up to 55. In short order, the other Udall will be declared winner of Colorado, 56. Alaska and Oregon will likely go to the Democrats, with Oregon being a bit tougher. That puts them at 58.

Franken appears to be leading in Minnesota. If he pulls it off, that puts the Democrats at 59.

Then the Democrats would have to win one of Mississippi or Georgia, neither of which looks likely. However, in Georgia if neither candidate gets 50%, there is a run off at a later date. It may turn out that we don't know whether the Democrats get to 60 (Lieberman included) until much later.

The Reps will have 41... 42 with Lieberman, 43 if they somehow pull out AK.

MN is currently tied... so maybe 44... at best.

Bottom line, there will be no supermajority in the Senate.... which means there will be at least a token check to the Dems power sweep.

The Reps will have 41... 42 with Lieberman, 43 if they somehow pull out AK.

MN is currently tied... so maybe 44... at best.

Bottom line, there will be no supermajority in the Senate.... which means there will be at least a token check to the Dems power sweep.

Alaska, Oregon, Minnesota, etc...

They haven't come in.

Alaska, Oregon, Minnesota, etc...

They haven't come in.

yes I know, which is why I stated that AK and MN had not been claimed either way.

I gave OR to the Dems.

Right now it appears that AK and MN are the only real toss ups left.

Thus, the Reps are at 41 and the Dems at 56. With the two above yet to be decided and Liebermans status uncertain, that gives you the remaining three.

My guess is that MN goes Rep, AK dem and Lieberman caucuses with Reps after the Dems kick him out.

Back