Sheep Beats Police

Timshel

I wonder why they were chasing it?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2764624.html

German police are trying to trace the owner of a sheep which outran police patrol cars and beat up a police dog.

Police in the northern German village of Guester say the sheep ran through the streets of the town at more than 30mph.

It reportedly leapt over the bonnets of police cars used as a road block to cut off its escape and even chased off pursuing police dogs with a few well aimed head butts.

Officers eventually caught up with it after it jumped into a field and started tucking into the grass.

A police spokesman said: "It was not an easy pursuit. The animal had quite a turn of speed on it. We have appealed for its owner to come forward."

I wonder why they were chasing it?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2764624.html

German police are trying to trace the owner of a sheep which outran police patrol cars and beat up a police dog.

Police in the northern German village of Guester say the sheep ran through the streets of the town at more than 30mph.

It reportedly leapt over the bonnets of police cars used as a road block to cut off its escape and even chased off pursuing police dogs with a few well aimed head butts.

Officers eventually caught up with it after it jumped into a field and started tucking into the grass.

A police spokesman said: "It was not an easy pursuit. The animal had quite a turn of speed on it. We have appealed for its owner to come forward."
If the sheep was traveling at 30 MPH how did it outrace police cars?

I want to know what breed that sheep is. I've never seen a sheep run that fast or for that extended period, seriously.

It was a republican. It thought the police said A Tax Dog. Instead of "attack Dog"
A sheltie could have saved the day.

It was a republican. It thought the police said A Tax Dog. Instead of "attack Dog"
A sheltie could have saved the day.

All they needed was a good Kelpie or Blue Heeler. The sheep would have been rounded up and taken down the pub for a couple of beers before heading back to the main paddock :clink:

What happened to the stereotypical German efficiency? They couldn't catch a sheep even with the aid of police dogs and the internal combustion engine.

I know plenty of Welsh lads who have never failed to catch a sheep even with the handicap of their trousers round their ankles.

Back