should out of state money

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
should out of state money be allowed to influence a state election

it is our state and we can (mostly) do what we want with it, but i object to out of state interests throwing money at our elections, electors and elected politicians

And if you are asking whether the national Democratic party or the national Republican party should be able to campaign in your state to have its representatives and senators elected, yes, of course.

And if you are asking whether the national Democratic party or the national Republican party should be able to campaign in your state to have its representatives and senators elected, yes, of course.

the state parties yes, out of state parties no

ca rc or ca dc but not the dnc or rnc - except for pres/vp since they are national offices requiring a national vote - but not senators or representatives - they belong to their state

the state parties yes, out of state parties no

ca rc or ca dc but not the dnc or rnc - except for pres/vp since they are national offices requiring a national vote - but not senators or representatives - they belong to their state

They belong to the nation. They are national officers. I do not want a body composed of a bunch of people who are there for nothing other than to get pork for their district. We should make it even more clear than it is now that the mission of representatives and senators is national, not local.

They belong to the nation. They are national officers. I do not want a body composed of a bunch of people who are there for nothing other than to get pork for their district. We should make it even more clear than it is now that the mission of representatives and senators is national, not local.

but representatives and senators may only be elected by voters in their districts within a state

while they are supposed to represent their electors, they should also do what it is right for the nation

as for pork, there should be a law against it

it may not be the best thing, but it is what we are stuck with

ps the president is supposed to watch out for the best interests of the nation and scotus is supposed to keep laws within the bounds of the constitution

Cool, well I don't agree with the decision that says I can't own a F-22 but it still stands.

There was no decision that you couldn't own an F-22. It's probably a law, and the government wouldn't sell F-22's to individuals anyway for national security reasons so you would've had to have stolen it.

should out of state money be allowed to influence a state election

it is our state and we can (mostly) do what we want with it, but i object to out of state interests throwing money at our elections, electors and elected politicians
I agree with the principle that out of state money should not influence a state's internal politics. However, have no idea how to put it into practice.

Out of state money influences items on Montana's ballot all the time. It's especially visible here, because much larger states can quite literally overwhelm local fund raising efforts. Pisses me off no end. Luckily we have a rather stubborn electorate that isn't as easily influenced as others. (though with the influxes from CA and NY, that is changing - for the worse.)

All campaigns should be run by public money and private financing should be banned except for small third parties that can't get enough signatures for public financing.

Cool, well I don't agree with the decision that says I can't own a F-22 but it still stands.

strange how it works out that way

an F-22 is good, but the new F-15s are better - they rock

of course you can get a good deal on an abandoned missile silo (without the missile) and make your own missile...or buy one on the black market:cool:

I agree with the principle that out of state money should not influence a state's internal politics. However, have no idea how to put it into practice.

Out of state money influences items on Montana's ballot all the time. It's especially visible here, because much larger states can quite literally overwhelm local fund raising efforts. Pisses me off no end. Luckily we have a rather stubborn electorate that isn't as easily influenced as others. (though with the influxes from CA and NY, that is changing - for the worse.)

i am also in favor or restoring state's rights via the 10th amendment

it may be difficult to get rid of out of state money, but worth trying :clink:

Back