Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency?

I find it totally unimportant in any way. The cash spends as well for atheists as it does for worshipers of any style and I've never felt compelled to convert from my religion because of the greenback.

PMSNBC Poll, now at 17850164 responses:

• Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state. 11%
  • No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion. 89%

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

We could always replace it with this.
Obama and his druggie days.

200px-Obama_young.jpg

"In God we trust" is an atrocity and needs to be removed from the currency as quickly as humanly possible. I fully support the defacement of this vile act of violence against the moral atheistic citizens of this country.

I find it totally unimportant in any way. The cash spends as well for atheists as it does for worshipers of any style and I've never felt compelled to convert from my religion because of the greenback.
Well said Damo. We need another polarizing non-issue like we need a collective hole in our heads.

People like you and damo do need a collective hole in your heads.

What if it said "In Satan we trust"? Non-issue there. I don't see the problem.
I wouldn't care about that either. Seriously wasting energy fighting the "national motto" is foolish.

Since both mottoes are evident and I prefer the older motto, I have no objection if people feel the need to mention the newer motto.

Back