Should you be "loyal" to your team "franchise", WHY??

If you want to pick a team (for whatever reason) and be a fan of them, you should be a fan whether they do well or suck.

Otherwise you are just cheering for whomever you think is best at the time. That is called jumping on the bandwagon.

I suppose the question is do you support the business in addition to the team. Not sure anyone thinks in that way outside of college athletics where "donations" are required for access to seats.

If you want to pick a team (for whatever reason) and be a fan of them, you should be a fan whether they do well or suck.

Otherwise you are just cheering for whomever you think is best at the time. That is called jumping on the bandwagon.

Why not?? In what other part of your life Do you make this kinda unreason??

Like in your relationships?? Spouse/gf cheats or does something??

Coke~pepsi, burger king~mcdonalds.. If they come out w/ crappy products you still buyin, stayin loyal?? They like "your team" are mere products, franchises etc..

Your job??

Anything??

Seems to me, if they aint loyal to me, I don't feel obligated to be to them..

That isn't to say there may be some history, injury etc there~~~~But, it, like coke/pepsi & burger king is a business, first & foremost..

So IMHO if the billionaire owner/s are UNwilling to put out a decent product, I AINT BUYING!!!

I've heard that if you say "we" about a team, it means you're claiming to be on the team.

LOL when I hear most fans talk about "their team" they way over use that "we" but it is the norm..

What I personally don't like is when they start bragging using that "we"...

I feel compelled to point out they aint done a damn thing & for most of them the decision was picking a great team~like that is something tough to do..:palm:

I suppose the question is do you support the business in addition to the team. Not sure anyone thinks in that way outside of college athletics where "donations" are required for access to seats.

That is exactly what it is-A FRANCHISE, most often owned by billionaires w/ the stadiums etc paid for by the middle/poorer classes..

While the ppl are stuck w/ the tab & stadiums, the "FRANCHISE" is fee to go where the most money can be made, & "FRANCHISES" often do, their loyalty is to themselves, NOT THE FANS & tax payers etc...

LOL when I hear most fans talk about "their team" they way over use that "we" but it is the norm..

I feel compelled to point out they aint done a damn thing & for most of them the decision was picking a great team~like that is something tough to do..:palm:

Some people are prone to boasting.

That is exactly what it is-A FRANCHISE, most often owned by billionaires w/ the stadiums etc paid for by the middle/poorer classes..

While the ppl are stuck w/ the tab & stadiums, the "FRANCHISE" is fee to go where the most money can be made, & "FRANCHISES" often do, their loyalty is to themselves, NOT THE FANS & tax payers etc...

Yes. And ?
I support whether I buy or not is another matter.
Been a Braves fan forever, when they sucked and on top. Ditto Seahawks, and they are only recently good.
I did dump the Redskins when they dumped Sonny Jurgeson but I was young and rash.

Some people are prone to boasting.
LOL, I don't mind a lil boasting, but not about something you had absolutely no part in making happen..

You know the type, they take cred for the accomplishments of the great ppl of "their race" & deny the dalmers & jack the rippers.......

Why not?? In what other part of your life Do you make this kinda unreason??

Like in your relationships?? Spouse/gf cheats or does something??

Coke~pepsi, burger king~mcdonalds.. If they come out w/ crappy products you still buyin, stayin loyal?? They like "your team" are mere products, franchises etc..

Your job??

Anything??

Seems to me, if they aint loyal to me, I don't feel obligated to be to them..

That isn't to say there may be some history, injury etc there~~~~But, it, like coke/pepsi & burger king is a business, first & foremost..

So IMHO if the billionaire owner/s are UNwilling to put out a decent product, I AINT BUYING!!!
I don't know about the loyal stuff. I'm loyal to some teams cause I relate to or am part of that community.

Should you be "loyal" to your team "franchise", WHY??

I started watching the Chiefs at the age of 10, the Jayhawks shortly after that, I don't really know why, I have just always been a fan! through thick and thin.

I started watching the Chiefs at the age of 10, the Jayhawks shortly after that, I don't really know why, I have just always been a fan! through thick and thin.

This is the way I was with the Cowboys. I started watching Roger Staubach when I was just a kid and have be a Dallas fan ever since. I rooted for the Reds in baseball because they were my brother's team (Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Ken Griffy, etc.) when I was 6 or 7, but when I got in Junior High and my brother had moved out I started listening to the Cardinals on the radio with the old neighbor man across the street. The Cards have been "my team" ever since.

One of the things about college football is the loyalty of the fans. I grew up in Tuscaloosa, went to the Univ of Alabama, and have been a fan since childhood. I use the word "we" because the team represents the UA in competition. As an alum and contributer, I am part of the University.

Have you heard that? Hmmm.

I have. I have seen it, too, right here on JPP.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?68056-College-football

One of the things about college football is the loyalty of the fans. I grew up in Tuscaloosa, went to the Univ of Alabama, and have been a fan since childhood. I use the word "we" because the team represents the UA in competition. As an alum and contributer, I am part of the University.

:rolleyes:

I started watching MLB in 1970. That was the first year the Big Red Machine made it to the World Series. It was pretty hard to grow up in west Ohio and not be a Reds fan.

The first big sporting event I have a memory of was the 1969 Rose Bowl. Eat your heart out Wacko. One of the few things I remember about that game was OSU had the man to stop O.J. Jack Tatum. The Juice would break into the backfield but Tatum would be there to drill him. Our running back didn't exactly suck. Jim Otis, from Celina, OH. He went on to a lengthy career with the Broncos.

Back