Since the election is over and the Republicans are out..

Keep an eye on what Bush does....

Good point. His "legacy", such as it ever was, is in tatters anyway. I can't see him becoming any less self-serving than he's been during the past eight years, and he does seem to have a vindictive tendency.

I think the plan is to repay promises to certain industries and do some things that will keep Obama tied up a while undoing.

And hey lets not forget pardoning himself.

I expect that they will work hard now to kill OBL before 1-20-09. God almighty that really is the last day of this right wing nightmare isn't it?

Thats why we must act now to put President Obama in mimmediately and get the guns away from the wingnut racists

Thats why we must act now to put President Obama in mimmediately and get the guns away from the wingnut racists

You still have that troublesome little document known as the US Constitution that prevents taking the guns away.

But good luck with your fantasy.

I remember the last time democrats were SO happy they'd boosted out the republicans, due to the corruption of the Nixon administration. They had so MANY just plain old terrific ideas on how to handle the fuel crisis, recession, unemployment, etc.

I also remember what things looked like 4 years later.

I hope history does not repeat itself, but then, history always does.

I remember the last time democrats were SO happy they'd boosted out the republicans, due to the corruption of the Nixon administration. They had so MANY just plain old terrific ideas on how to handle the fuel crisis, recession, unemployment, etc.

I also remember what things looked like 4 years later.

I hope history does not repeat itself, but then, history always does.

Remember 1932?

Anyway, the election results in 1976 were basically on the back of the south. The conservative senators held the balance of power. It was the conservatives fault, like everything else.

Remember 1932?

Anyway, the election results in 1976 were basically on the back of the south. The conservative senators held the balance of power. It was the conservatives fault, like everything else.
You're still an idiot trying hard to rise to the level of moron.

The democrats held both houses of congress, and the WH. Carter had free hand to implement 90% of his ideas with little in the way of compromise. In fact the only significant "compromise" Carter made his first two years was not to the republicans, but rather to the congressional democrats who altered his tax proposals (they upped every bracket from what Carter wanted, including the middle class.)

Back