Solution to national debt

Um, no! Although many should be shut down for false preaching. I'd rather see the government seize all big corrupt corporations assets, especially those who have gone oveseas, and all the assets of those greedy and corrupt wall street moguls. Throw them all out of the country too, since it's way too expensive to keep them in jail.

Don't tax churches, just tax religious donations like regular income.

Only non taxable donations should be to groups that do civic help projects. ie feed people, etc.

Stop all deductions from income taxes when a person donates to any not-for-profit group. Lets see how many last then.

Stop all deductions from income taxes when a person donates to any not-for-profit group. Lets see how many last then.

We would see where peoples hearts really are. Whose would be in their wallets?
And on the religious aspect. the bible says to give 10% to the church and to give unto Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser. 2 different issues. If it is not deductable good Christians would stop tithing ?

What % of church donations actually help feed and house the poor ?
that is the only portion that should qualify for tax deductions anyway.
Paying a salary to a preacher should not be tax exempt.

Last edited:
As President, I'll give every adult 1 million dollars so they can start their own business. What's a 300 trillion dollar government shortfall, when we'll make it all back in the long run. Happy prosperity all! :clink:

How about $500 like Obama wants to do, would that money be worthless too?

No because it comes from taxation and therefore acts mostly as a guaranteed minimum income. I don't understand why he didn't just expand the earned income tax credit, though.

But clearly, there's just not enough money in America to give a million to each person, so the money would have to be printed.

The solution to the national debt is the same as the solution to personal debt. Quit borrowing and start paying principle.

Most major churches have separate arms of charity. In the Catholic Church, for example, you can donate directly to St. Vincent de Paul and the Knights of Columbus.

Most major churches have separate arms of charity. In the Catholic Church, for example, you can donate directly to St. Vincent de Paul and the Knights of Columbus.

I don't know about most. But that is a good thing.
Just curious, do those donations count as tithes or are they in addition to tithes ?

Inflation does not matter very much as long as everything stays in proper ratio. I do not care if I pay $25 for a can of MtDew as as long as I make $600 an hour or so.

Back