Sportsball: are you an addict?

Legion

Oderint dum metuant
I seem to recall many JPP denizens declaring defiantly that they would never again sully their eyeballs with the woke NFL's antics after Saint Colin Kaepernick's addlepated antics and the subsequent surrender of sportsball to the left's pervasive pernicious pandering.

Yet here we are, not many months later, with a European war looming, an economy in tatters, and a repressive regime hell-bent on removing our rights... and what are some of you focused on?

Sportsball.

Jeebus.

I am addicted to Sportsball. But my addiction is college ball.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl. Not because of any silly boycott. But because, for me, the Super Bowl was played on January 10th, and my team lost.

Appears some have to get out more, if the melodramas germinated in cable infotainment dominates your life, you need to get out more, a lot more

I am addicted to Sportsball. But my addiction is college ball.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl. Not because of any silly boycott. But because, for me, the Super Bowl was played on January 10th, and my team lost.

Don’t feel down, they’ll just buy a few more players for next years, and with NIL, unlimited deals with Tuscaloosa used car dealerships can almost guarantee a roster second to none

I seem to recall many JPP denizens declaring defiantly that they would never again sully their eyeballs with the woke NFL's antics after Saint Colin Kaepernick's addlepated antics and the subsequent surrender of sportsball to the left's pervasive pernicious pandering.

Yet here we are, not many months later, with a European war looming, an economy in tatters, and a repressive regime hell-bent on removing our rights... and what are some of you focused on?

Sportsball.

Jeebus.

Would you prefer I watch Below Decks and 90 Day Fiancé, just to make sure I don't get too distracted from politics?

I am addicted to Sportsball. But my addiction is college ball. I didn't watch the Super Bowl. Not because of any silly boycott. But because, for me, the Super Bowl was played on January 10th, and my team lost.

"Your" team?

iu

You'll watch whatever your wife wants you to watch, won't you? (She hasn't dumped you, has she?)

My wife doesn't really watch shitty TV. I don't particularly enjoy her documentaries and nature shows, and she's obviously not going to watch John Wick movies or the Reacher show (which I plan to check out shortly), so, we watch stuff like medical and crime dramas. She recently stopped openly badmouthing sports, and will instead offer them up if she has monopolized the remote for a lengthy period of time.

My wife doesn't really watch shitty TV. I don't particularly enjoy her documentaries and nature shows, and she's obviously not going to watch John Wick movies or the Reacher show (which I plan to check out shortly), so, we watch stuff like medical and crime dramas. She recently stopped openly badmouthing sports, and will instead offer them up if she has monopolized the remote for a lengthy period of time.

You poor sap.

You used to be a free man.

You poor sap.

You used to be a free man.

Give and take is part of a relationship. You don't torture each other by demanding leisure time be eaten up by activities that one person finds unbearable. Instead, you do the stuff you both like. One of my favourite shows of all-time was House.

I listen to my political (Daily Wire) and critical (The Critical Drinker, for example) podcasts on my own time.

Give and take is part of a relationship. You don't torture each other by demanding leisure time be eaten up by activities that one person finds unbearable. Instead, you do the stuff you both like.

Is that what you tell yourself?

I could just sit here and imagine that JPP is the most important thing in my life.

Nobody suggested that it was, or that it should be.

Now, practice saying "yes, dear" repeatedly, and try to sound convincing as your dreams and desires are supplanted one by one.

Back