Spring Break

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
316ognk.jpg

Spring Break morning 1

Yep, and we didn't come close to them. I am a rule following, authoritarian sort of fellow.

Edit: Thought I'd add the limit for inquiring minds. Channel catfish: 15 daily.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/laws_regs/fish1516.pdf

There are 21 in the boat. 9 short of the thirty my son and I were allowed.

No flatheads in that catch? Hard to tell from the pic but some of those tails don't look all that forked.
How do you cook them?

No flatheads in that catch? Hard to tell from the pic but some of those tails don't look all that forked.
How do you cook them?

Lol...no flatheads. We generally don't keep any flatheads under 10 pounds. None of those fish are over 5 pounds. I know it's hard to tell in the picture. We've had a ton of rain and it has the river out if the banks which makes it a great time to catch these channel cats. We're using catalpa worms that we caught last summer and froze.

Being a country boy I prefer them rolled in cornmeal and fried. But I do try to be a bit healthier and grill some,once in a while. We like it that way ok.

Lol...no flatheads. We generally don't keep any flatheads under 10 pounds. None of those fish are over 5 pounds. I know it's hard to tell in the picture. We've had a ton of rain and it has the river out if the banks which makes it a great time to catch these channel cats. We're using catalpa worms that we caught last summer and froze.

Being a country boy I prefer them rolled in cornmeal and fried. But I do try to be a bit healthier and grill some,once in a while. We like it that way ok.

Just need to throw in some cornbread, beans, and sweet potato pie. :good4u:

Good for you. You ought to try baked/stuffed with a big one. My brother and I used to catch bullheads on Cape Cod when we were young. Caught in those sandy bottomed ponds they rivaled trout for taste. Dad would stuff them with potato, garlic, onion and bread stuffing and bake them in the oven till the skin crisped. Yummy.

Back