Stay Classy John McCain

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
More class from the classiest guy on the campaign trail. He's John McCain and he's the classiest classy politician that ever lived. He would never get down into the sewers and say things like this:

All I can tell you Jennifer is that I think it's very clear who Hamas wants to be the next president of the United States. So apparently has Danny Ortega and several others. I think that people should understand that I will be Hamas's worst nightmare....If senator Obama is favored by Hamas I think people can make judgments accordingly.

Stay classy John McCain!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/04/mccain_clear_who_hamas_wants_t.asp

Last edited:
Alright; I probably shouldn't have used the word "classy" to describe an Obama/McCain race. I still think it would be more issues-oriented than any campaign in my lifetime, but I reserve the right to be wrong, as often happens.

More class from the classiest guy on the campaign trail. He's John McCain and he's the classiest classy politician that ever lived. He would never get down into the sewers and say things like this:

Stay classy John McCain!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/04/mccain_clear_who_hamas_wants_t.asp

"Earlier this month, Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Prime Minister of Hamas, told WABC radio, "We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election and I do believe he is like John Kennedy." When Obama campaign manager David Axelrod was informed of the endorsement following last week's debate in Pennsylvania, he said it was "flattering when anybody says that Barack Obama would follow in [JFK's] footsteps"

So McCain is accurate...

1) It is indeed clear who Hamas favors

2) We can all make judgement on that ourselves.

3) Now obviously it is indeed McCains opinion that he will be Hamas' worst nightmare.

4) "If senator Obama is favored by Hamas I think people can make judgments accordingly"..... are you suggesting that people cannot make judgements?

but exactly how was this so terrible?

Alright; I probably shouldn't have used the word "classy" to describe an Obama/McCain race. I still think it would be more issues-oriented than any campaign in my lifetime, but I reserve the right to be wrong, as often happens.

I knew DH would break you. ;)

Jennifer Rubin noted that Hamas had endorsed Senator Obama and asked McCain whether Obama might have given "an unhelpful signal" to the terrorist group. McCain's response:

"All I can tell you Jennifer is that I think it's very clear who Hamas wants to be the next president of the United States. So apparently has Danny Ortega and several others. I think that people should understand that I will be Hamas's worst nightmare....If senator Obama is favored by Hamas I think people can make judgments accordingly."

Earlier this month, Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Prime Minister of Hamas, told WABC radio, "We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election and I do believe he is like John Kennedy."

So let me understand this...When asked about the fact that Hamas had endorsed Senator Obama and whether Obama might have given "an unhelpful signal" to Hamas, McCain gives an answer that explains his stance on the group and suggests that people can essentially decide for themselves about what their endorsement of Obama means, and somehow this angers you? I would understand if McCain had lied, but really, this?

What McCain is TRYING to get across is that if Hamas wants Obama he is going to be their bitch. Not that he might actually give the Palestinians a fair hearing in any peace process rather than just saying accept ALL of the Israeli demands or go to hell.

What McCain is TRYING to get across is that if Hamas wants Obama he is going to be their bitch. Not that he might actually give the Palestinians a fair hearing in any peace process rather than just saying accept ALL of the Israeli demands or go to hell.

that is what McCain is trying to sell, is it the truth though ?

So let me understand this...When asked about the fact that Hamas had endorsed Senator Obama and whether Obama might have given "an unhelpful signal" to Hamas, McCain gives an answer that explains his stance on the group and suggests that people can essentially decide for themselves about what their endorsement of Obama means, and somehow this angers you? I would understand if McCain had lied, but really, this?

The implication is clear, Norm. He could have easily sidestepped the question without going all partisan, and doing what the GOP has done since 9/11: If you vote for Democrats, you're on the side of the terrrorists.

It's pretty despicable, actually. It's also ironic, since Bush & McCain basically did exactly what Osama Bin Laden wanted them to do after 9/11. It's like they were following his marching orders, and I'm guessing he couldn't have been happier.

Back