Stephen King ...a Dim

yeah well why are more joining the army with the GED pending thing ?
The army is an option for the undereducated.

even during the draft college boys got deferrments. 4 or 5 for Cheney I think.

yeah well why are more joining the army with the GED pending thing ?
The army is an option for the undereducated.

even during the draft college boys got deferrments. 4 or 5 for Cheney I think.

Guess YOU DIDN'T SERVE EITHER, huh????

Yeah...you got college deferments for Cheney...health deferments for Limbaugh, and then active draft dodgers that loath the military like Clinton.....whats your point.....does "undereducated" mean stupid?....Forget about maineman....

What he was TRYING to say is that if you cannot read, and I think he means more than "See Dick. see Dick Run", then you have very limited choices in this world. One of those being Military service because the military has lowered its standards for enlistment. NOT ALL service members are dumb and he didn't say that. He said thatif you can't read this is one of your ONLY choices. Obviously, he should also point out that COMPREHENSION is a good thing as well.

Yeah...you got college deferments for Cheney...health deferments for Limbaugh, and then active draft dodgers that loath the military like Clinton.....whats your point.....does "undereducated" mean stupid?....Forget about maineman....

I "served" Involuntarially.

What he was TRYING to say is that if you cannot read, and I think he means more than "See Dick. see Dick Run", then you have very limited choices in this world. One of those being Military service because the military has lowered its standards for enlistment. NOT ALL service members are dumb and he didn't say that. He said thatif you can't read this is one of your ONLY choices. Obviously, he should also point out that COMPREHENSION is a good thing as well.

So what you're saying is...if you can not read ... the military will take you....

Thats exactly what you said...is it what you really mean....?

You really believe that some of our troops cannot read?

So what you're saying is...if you can not read ... the military will take you....

Thats exactly what you said...is it what you really mean....?

You really believe that some of our troops cannot read?

Boy...you do have a problem with the reading comprehension thing don't you? Not a suprise. Most cons I know don't read.

Let's put it like this, there aren't to many kids in fox holes in Iraq who scored 1200 on their SAT.

Boy...you do have a problem with the reading comprehension thing don't you? Not a suprise. Most cons I know don't read.

Let's put it like this, there aren't to many kids in fox holes in Iraq who scored 1200 on their SAT.
Silly generalizations.

I have a problem....WTF does a 1200 on a SAT have to do with reading....

and thats the real problem....you can read and don't understand WTF it is you read....

WTF does a 1200 on a SAT have to do with reading...

Umm I don't see how you can get 1200 on a SAT and be a poor reader.

WTF does a 1200 on a SAT have to do with reading...

Umm I don't see how you can get 1200 on a SAT and be a poor reader.

Ummmm...if you'd stick to the thread topic you also wouldn't be talking about the SAT or 1200 ......:pke:

yeah, good call. you're so astute.

Is this dude talking in some kind of secret code?

Cheney's list of deferments goes well beyond college. When they changed the deferment to include married people, he got married. When they changed it to being a parent, his wife gave birth 10 months later. And so on. He made a career out of deferments.

I am generally hesistant to use the word "chickenhawk," since I think it tends to be over-used, but it applies to him beautifully. He is the classic chickenhawk. He thoroughly disgusts me.

Cheney's list of deferments goes well beyond college. When they changed the deferment to include married people, he got married. When they changed it to being a parent, his wife gave birth 10 months later. And so on. He made a career out of deferments.

I am generally hesistant to use the word "chickenhawk," since I think it tends to be over-used, but it applies to him beautifully. He is the classic chickenhawk. He thoroughly disgusts me.

Married men and parents always had deferments.....

Under the Selective Service Act of 1948, Executive Order 9988 (April 22, 1948) provided that husbands who maintained a bona fide family relationship with their wives or children were deferred in Class III-A. But on September 25, 1951, Executive Order 10292 changed the status of childless husbands. They were no longer deferrable in Class III-A, except in cases where they could prove that their induction would cause extreme hardship for their dependents. Fathers maintaining a bona fide family relationship with a child continued to be deferred in class III-A (paternity deferments).

If Congress and the President were to reinstate a military draft, Selective Service procedures currently in place would not treat married registrants, or those with a dependent child, any differently from men who are single.

http://www.sss.gov/FSeffects.htm

Last edited:
Back