Steven Spielberg Quietly Breaks Silence on Oct. 7 Attacks

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Steven Spielberg issued a statement about the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas on Dec. 1, speaking out through a feature published by the Shoah Foundation in which he said, “I never imagined I would see such unspeakable barbarity against Jews in my lifetime.”

Spielberg also announced that the Shoah Foundation, which he founded in 1994, has launched the Countering Antisemitism Through Testimony Collection initiative to collect survivor testimony from the attacks. He described the initiative as “an effort that will ensure that the voices of survivors will act as a powerful tool to counter the dangerous rise of antisemitism and hate.”

The foundation has collected testimony from survivors of the Shoah, or the Holocaust, for decades. Spielberg continued, “”Holocaust survivors are the most courageous and brave among us, and their accounts are a lasting testament to the resilience of the human spirit.”

“Both initiatives — recording interviews with survivors of the October 7 attacks and the ongoing collection of Holocaust testimony — seek to fulfill our promise to survivors: that their stories would be recorded and shared in the effort to preserve history and to work toward a world without antisemitism or hate of any kind,” Spielberg concluded.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/steven-spielberg-quietly-breaks-silence-223232161.html

Back