Still some issues with the server upgrade...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
We are working on the issues and will continue to update you. The new VPN migrated but without the database so at this time there may be data loss as two sites are semi-running at the same time.

True, however what we post here today may not migrate to the new server as they may use a backup file to restore the database that is missing on the new server. This one is running on the old server, sorta.

True, however what we post here today may not migrate to the new server as they may use a backup file to restore the database that is missing on the new server. This one is running on the old server, sorta.

Bloody hell! More 'down time' than my VN mistress!!

Yah, it's getting me pissed...

I'll hold on to this until my account runs out then likely transfer to a VPN "cloud" server so there won't be the downtime. It depends on how much it costs.

The server guys changed my index.php so that it just shows that "upgrading server" message due to our excessive use of the CPU. I have a VPN working, but I need the name servers to register with my registrar so I can set the DNS and turn up the new server. Hopefully I can transfer this database at that time, and everything will be back to normal.

I'm sorry about the frustration, but once I get this done they'll stop mucking with the site like this because I won't be sharing resources. Hopefully the VPN I selected is strong enough to get it done.

There, I've stripped the site of database heavy script and have it reset now. It should be okay until the new server is usable...

Back