$982,486.73 -17,513 (-1.8%)

Game Rank Name Total Value* Gain/Loss, Overall
5273 $1,056,614.94 56,615 (+5.7%)
9220 $1,046,538.50 46,539 (+4.7%)
82484 $1,012,710.50 12,711 (+1.3%)
24304 $1,031,564.52 31,565 (+3.2%)
187285 $1,001,526.55 1,527 (+0.2%)

for some reason I can only update mine from home
I'm way down the list as I only gained a few thousand so far.

Whats cool is that the leaders at this point are not all that far ahead. They have definitely made this more of a contest thats winnable this year.

SF you need to be running some friends of mines 401K accounts, they have been thrashed severly.
Fidelity sucks.

SF you need to be running some friends of mines 401K accounts, they have been thrashed severly.
Fidelity sucks.

Mutual funds in general are a dying investment (not including the pure index funds). They are not transparent. Too many times you do not know what you own. They just give you top ten holdings quarterly, all holdings annually (which means whatever they happen to own the last day... which can be adjusted).

The only mutual funds my clients own are state specific muni bond funds. Otherwise I use ETFs, UITs and individual securities.

Typically 80% of mutual funds underperform the market.

Have your friends check with their companies. Many are now offering individually directed accounts. Which means they would be able to establish their 401k accounts with their financial advisors.... just as they do their IRAs and individual brokerage accounts.

Fidelity sucks.

I have made good money on fidelity mutual funds. have a bunch of them that i have owned since like 2002 that have doubled, tripled, and more in value.

the fidelity funds i currently hold
FDCPX FIDELITY SELECT COMPUTERS
FDIVX FIDELITY DIVERSIFIED INTERNATIONAL
FIREX FIDELITY INTERNAT'L REAL ESTATE FUND
FLATX FIDELITY LATIN AMERICA
FLVCX FIDELITY LEVERAGED COMPANY STOCK
FNCMX FIDELITY NASDAQ COMPOSITE INDEX
FNINX FIDELITY SELECT NWK & INFRASTRUCTURE
FOCPX FIDELITY OTC PORT
FSDCX FIDELITY SELECT COMM EQUIPMENT PORT
FSELX FIDELITY SELECT ELECTRONICS
FSENX FIDELITY SELECT ENERGY
FSPTX FIDELITY SELECT TECHNOLOGY
FWRLX FIDELITY SELECT WIRELESS PORTFOLIOS

I have made good money on fidelity mutual funds. have a bunch of them that i have owned since like 2002 that have doubled, tripled, and more in value.

the fidelity funds i currently hold
FDCPX FIDELITY SELECT COMPUTERS
FDIVX FIDELITY DIVERSIFIED INTERNATIONAL
FIREX FIDELITY INTERNAT'L REAL ESTATE FUND
FLATX FIDELITY LATIN AMERICA
FLVCX FIDELITY LEVERAGED COMPANY STOCK
FNCMX FIDELITY NASDAQ COMPOSITE INDEX
FNINX FIDELITY SELECT NWK & INFRASTRUCTURE
FOCPX FIDELITY OTC PORT
FSDCX FIDELITY SELECT COMM EQUIPMENT PORT
FSELX FIDELITY SELECT ELECTRONICS
FSENX FIDELITY SELECT ENERGY
FSPTX FIDELITY SELECT TECHNOLOGY
FWRLX FIDELITY SELECT WIRELESS PORTFOLIOS

I would be willing to bet that very few, if any, of those are in ANY 401k offered by 401ks. Too much liability for the companies. But you make a valid point. Some sector specific funds have done very well.

I wonder how they have done against their ETF or UIT counterparts.

Thanks SF I had already advised my friends along those lines. I steered them to another friend in the game that seems good.

I would be willing to bet that very few, if any, of those are in ANY 401k offered by 401ks. Too much liability for the companies. But you make a valid point. Some sector specific funds have done very well.

I wonder how they have done against their ETF or UIT counterparts.

when i worked in fidelity I would see what funds what companies had available. we offered different investment line ups (and quantities) based on the company size. Our big 5point customers purchased the best retirement plan for there employees and usually had the most options.

in terms of being in a shitty small 401k plan I would suggest those people open an IRA and roll over 50% (or what ever they are able to via the plan rules) of their assets into the ira so they have more vehicles to invest into... and never leave a dead 401k after u leave a company. roll it into an IRA.

when i worked in fidelity I would see what funds what companies had available. we offered different investment line ups (and quantities) based on the company size. Our big 5point customers purchased the best retirement plan for there employees and usually had the most options.

in terms of being in a shitty small 401k plan I would suggest those people open an IRA and roll over 50% (or what ever they are able to via the plan rules) of their assets into the ira so they have more vehicles to invest into... and never leave a dead 401k after u leave a company. roll it into an IRA.

As I mentioned, many 401k plans now offer IDA's. They can then roll the whole thing over to an account with an advisor and still be a covered under the plan. Totally agree with you on the dead 401k. You leave a job.... you take it with you via an IRA rollover.

Back