Strange Time Indeed

toby

It’s a strange time:

When a database search of America’s leading newspapers turns up literally 10 times as many mentions of one of the soldiers who has been punished for misconduct — 10 times more —than the mentions of Sergeant First Class Paul Ray Smith, the first recipient of the Medal of Honor in the Global War on Terror;

Or when a senior editor at Newsweek disparagingly refers to the brave volunteers in our armed forces — the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Marines, the Coast Guard — as a “mercenary army;”

When the former head of CNN accuses the American military of deliberately targeting journalists; and the once CNN Baghdad bureau chief finally admits that as bureau chief in Baghdad, he concealed reports of Saddam Hussein’s crimes when he was in charge there so that CNN could keep on reporting selective news;

And it’s a time when Amnesty International refers to the military facility at Guantanamo Bay — which holds terrorists who have vowed to kill Americans and which is arguably the best run and most scrutinized detention facility in the history of warfare — “he gulag of our times.” It’s inexcusable.

Those who know the truth need to speak out against these kinds of myths and distortions that are being told about our troops and about our country. America is not what’s wrong with the world.

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=39720

And that is important in any long struggle or long war, where any kind of moral or intellectual confusion about who and what is right or wrong, can weaken the ability of free societies to persevere.

How is that strange times?

Negative things always overshoadow positive ones..

When I was a kid it didn't matter how many good things I did..it usually came down to how much I messed up.

At work..it doesn't matter how many good things you do. It comes down to that one time you really messed up.

It's not strange times. It is business as usual dummy.

Black, what are you trying to say? That your parents said that because you broke a window that you were no better than the boy who raped your sister?

When I was a kid it didn't matter how many good things I did..it usually came down to how much I messed up.

At work..it doesn't matter how many good things you do. It comes down to that one time you really messed up.

couldn't have said it better bf!

So in other words Black you got nothing to say of any importance? LOL I knew that already.

What I said is the way things are. That is why poeople focus on the negative. They always have. It is silly to argue that these are "strange times" cuz this is a new thing or something.

Of course I guess its silly to read your posts or respond to them also.

he don't work what do you expect...

Back