‘Suckers,’ ‘Losers,’ Jokes About Medals: Trump Doesn’t Understand the Military

signalmankenneth

Verified User
On Monday, former President Donald Trump’s 2024 campaign photographed an event at Arlington National Cemetery, treating the burial grounds as a political venue despite federal laws expressly barring such behavior.

A “verbal and physical altercation” reportedly took place during a wreath-laying ceremony when Trump’s staffers tried to enter the area of the cemetery reserved for recently deceased service members.

The incident, which created a firestorm, is part of a broader pattern. Trump has for years demonstrated a flippant attitude toward veterans and a general lack of knowledge about military history.

Trump drew the ire of veterans groups only two weeks ago, when he said the Presidential Medal of Freedom is better than the Congressional Medal of Honor because the former doesn’t involve sacrifice. The former president and 2024 hopeful quickly doubled down on those comments.

“[Trump] can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” a retired four-star general told The Atlantic in 2020. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.”

According to The Atlantic, Trump called American soldiers who died in war “losers” and “suckers” in conversations with his senior staff. Trump denies this. In 2018, sources told the outlet, the former president canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France because he didn’t want the rain to mess up his hair.

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump apparently said. During the same visit, Trump asked aides, “Who were the good guys in [World War I]?”

John Kelly, Trump’s former White House chief of staff, has since confirmed many of the claims in the story, adding that at one point, Trump did not want to be seen with military amputees because “it doesn’t look good for [him].”

Trump had visited Arlington with Kelly in 2017, when Kelly was secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Kelly’s son, Robert, was killed in Afghanistan and is buried in Arlington. Standing by his grave, Trump turned to Kelly and said: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

Trump’s insensitivity has sometimes directly affected the families of soldiers. In 2017, the then-president made a widow of a soldier cry when he called her to offer condolences and forgot her husband’s name. He apparently told her that her husband “knew what he had signed up for.”

During his 2016 campaign for president, Trump famously insulted former Sen. John McCain for having been captured during the Vietnam War. “He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. “He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suckers-losers-jokes-medals-trump-160017322.html

1725232743514.png

1725233265030.png

1725233568026.png

Trump degrades our people in the Military that have the job of protecting this country from people and countries like Russia and China who want to destroy us,
He hates every part of our intelligence gathering community and would rather believe what Putin tells him over our own people.
Trump has NO idea what it is like to serve in the military,
Trump is nothing but a low life scumbag.
Have a nice day

On Monday, former President Donald Trump’s 2024 campaign photographed an event at Arlington National Cemetery, treating the burial grounds as a political venue despite federal laws expressly barring such behavior.

A “verbal and physical altercation” reportedly took place during a wreath-laying ceremony when Trump’s staffers tried to enter the area of the cemetery reserved for recently deceased service members.

The incident, which created a firestorm, is part of a broader pattern. Trump has for years demonstrated a flippant attitude toward veterans and a general lack of knowledge about military history.

Trump drew the ire of veterans groups only two weeks ago, when he said the Presidential Medal of Freedom is better than the Congressional Medal of Honor because the former doesn’t involve sacrifice. The former president and 2024 hopeful quickly doubled down on those comments.

“[Trump] can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” a retired four-star general told The Atlantic in 2020. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.”

According to The Atlantic, Trump called American soldiers who died in war “losers” and “suckers” in conversations with his senior staff. Trump denies this. In 2018, sources told the outlet, the former president canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France because he didn’t want the rain to mess up his hair.

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump apparently said. During the same visit, Trump asked aides, “Who were the good guys in [World War I]?”

John Kelly, Trump’s former White House chief of staff, has since confirmed many of the claims in the story, adding that at one point, Trump did not want to be seen with military amputees because “it doesn’t look good for [him].”

Trump had visited Arlington with Kelly in 2017, when Kelly was secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Kelly’s son, Robert, was killed in Afghanistan and is buried in Arlington. Standing by his grave, Trump turned to Kelly and said: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

Trump’s insensitivity has sometimes directly affected the families of soldiers. In 2017, the then-president made a widow of a soldier cry when he called her to offer condolences and forgot her husband’s name. He apparently told her that her husband “knew what he had signed up for.”

During his 2016 campaign for president, Trump famously insulted former Sen. John McCain for having been captured during the Vietnam War. “He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. “He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

View attachment 30855

View attachment 30857

View attachment 30858

stop...at the end of the day, WAR IS HELL AND PPL DIE AS A RESULT. We must come to embrace peace and end the carnage of war. There is no gray area here.​

Trump upheld a family tradition by employing five deferments and a bone spur to evade military service. No Trump before him had ever served and the tradition continues with the unblemished status of his sons.

Going to military school doesn't = respecting the military.

And Trump doesn't. Just his comment about McCain alone is still incomprehensible to me.
you are 100% correct, Military school is NOT the same as the Military and Military school is usually for misfits and unruly little bastards and Trump might have fit both of those categories, seeing how he turned out.
and being in the Military is a whole different world.
Have a nice day

View attachment 30855

View attachment 30857

View attachment 30858
Fuck you asshole, you called for the assassination of your political opponent so, fuck you!

you are 100% correct, Military school is NOT the same as the Military and Military school is usually for misfits and unruly little bastards and Trump might have fit both of those categories, seeing how he turned out.
and being in the Military is a whole different world.
Have a nice day
Bull Shit.

Bull Shit.
Bull Shit.
OH so just how is Military SCHOOL like the real military ? are they giving kids in Military school guns with live ammo and letting them shoot at each other.
I have never heard of any student in Military SCHOOL getting shot and killed by one of our enemies.
Kids that are sent to Military schools usually need discipline , and I think Trump may have fell into that category .
so just what is " BULL SHIT"
ASSHOLE

OH so just how is Military SCHOOL like the real military ? are they giving kids in Military school guns with live ammo and letting them shoot at each other.
I have never heard of any student in Military SCHOOL getting shot and killed by one of our enemies.
Kids that are sent to Military schools usually need discipline , and I think Trump may have fell into that category .
so just what is " BULL SHIT"
ASSHOLE
The entire point of military schools is to train youth for the military, to teach them what life in the military is like.

The entire point of military schools is to train youth for the military, to teach them what life in the military is like.
OH really LOL
just to let you know Military SCHOOLS like the one Trump went to are NOTHING like real military life. and don't get Military schools mixed up with schools like Annapolis or West point.
they are NOTHING a like not even close
have a nice day

OH really LOL
just to let you know Military SCHOOLS like the one Trump went to are NOTHING like real military life. and don't get Military schools mixed up with schools like Annapolis or West point.
they are NOTHING a like not even close
have a nice day
Talk about pissing in ears while claiming it is raining.......

Go Fuck Yourself.

No, it is like a boot camp prison for kids, but for rich people. Where poor kids get sent to a boot camp prison when they are criminals, trump's family could send him to a military school.

the 12 year old little girl doing a gossip campaign about "suckers and losers" is really pathetic libtard activity

you are repeating gossip that you can't possibly know is true. that makes you pathetic

Back