Super Tuesday = not cool

Onceler

Whose bright idea was it to put 22 states on ONE day, so early in the contest?

It's ridiculous that candidates have to pick & choose where to campaign, based on where they have the best shot, and voters in all of the other states simply won't get that much exposure to them, and will make their decisions accordingly.

It favors cash & name recognition, which is a drag. I suppose I'm down on it because I'm an Obama supporter, but it just seems like kind of a frantic way to go. I understand that the party is trying to sew up the nomination, but the fact that it will do that more often than not doesn't mean it's a good idea...

Obama will win more southern states than previously thought. Georgia and Alabama are looking like locks for him .. and the question of whether whites will vote for him has already been answered.

Obama will win more southern states than previously thought. Georgia and Alabama are looking like locks for him .. and the question of whether whites will vote for him has already been answered.

Alabama is a lock for certain. 10,000 people at an Obama rally yesterday.

I hope your right BAC, but Iowa whites and southern whites may break differently.

I'd like to take a moment to honor George W. Bush, that great uniter who scared white people away from failed right-wing idiotic policies and ideology and forced even many southern whites to take another look at humanity.

It's the same boat for us all.

He's got 'Bama, GA & Illinois. That only leaves 19 other states.

He's got to win a couple of the bigs. He can get Mass. w/ Kennedy's endorsement, and he should definitely go after CA with everything he's got. He'll probably also spend time in NJ; even if he doesn't win there, he can grab a lot of delegates.

I don't even know how they begin to strategize this stuff w/ one week to work with...

It's ridiculous that candidates have to pick & choose where to campaign, based on where they have the best shot, and voters in all of the other states simply won't get that much exposure to them, and will make their decisions accordingly.

It favors cash & name recognition, which is a drag. I suppose I'm down on it because I'm an Obama supporter, but it just seems like kind of a frantic way to go. I understand that the party is trying to sew up the nomination, but the fact that it will do that more often than not doesn't mean it's a good idea...

I think it's the same people who decided that "front loading" a primary season was a brilliant idea.

Id say Just from guessing:

Clinton wins:
Arkansas
Cali
Arizona
Connecticut
Delaware
MA
Minnesota
Missouri
New Jersey
New Mexico
NY
North Dakota
Utah

Obama wins:
Alabama
Alaska
Colorado
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Kansas
Oklahoma
Tennessee

Total guess. Feel free to re-arrange.

BTW - Colorado will not apportion ANY delegates on that date. It is solely a straw poll so that we could "participate". Colorado will have their Primary in August where they will apportion delegates. The whole "CO is part of Super Tuesday" is a myth.

Whose bright idea was it? The state legislatures in the states that decided to put their primary as early as possible in order to avoid irrelevancy. A few even put it before that, even though it cost them some or all of their delegates.

After Super tuesday, the contest is pretty much over. I may as well not vote, because my primary is way off in march whenever no one cares.

Every since primaries were started, we all knew that this was the eventual result. Voting earlier is just too big of an advantage. Imagine if Mississippi had a system in place, where everyone could vote, but over a period of several months, and all the counties voted at different times, and predominantly black counties voted dead last. That's about as retarded as this has become.

Whose bright idea was it? The state legislatures in the states that decided to put their primary as early as possible in order to avoid irrelevancy. A few even put it before that, even though it cost them some or all of their delegates.

After Super tuesday, the contest is pretty much over. I may as well not vote, because my primary is way off in march whenever no one cares.

That was definitely the thinking behind California moving up its day to Feb 5th.

Back